• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  please don't let me fall

It had infuriated Mazikeen when Selaphiel and Firion had both believed there was still something left of her true-self when she had been hollowed out. She had hated that reminder of what she had been, had despised all the echoes of emotions those two brothers had inspired. They had both been wrong, there had been nothing but those memories left of the Mazikeen they had known.

But now she is so grateful for their faith even when she hadn’t deserved it.

It is nice to think that protecting Selaphiel was so ingrained in her that there is some truth to his words. Even without a conscience or the love that drove her to do so many reckless things, she had still been trapped by limitations she couldn’t understand.

“I think... I never expected anyone to not give up on me. I had given up on myself. A long time before… before he…” Gale plucking out her emotions after he had killed her that second time, after she had shut down to avoid the sickening rollercoaster of emotions - it’s still not easy to casually remark upon. The words always get stuck in her throat.

So she gives up, lets the sentence drop away. “I’m very lucky, you know. To have you as my friend.” Though her voice is still soft, it’s earnest - this is one of the truths she knows without a doubt.

“It was actually your brother that saved me this time. Firion.” Thoughts of the golden stallion have a warming effect on her heart and there is a moment where her expression lightens. Where the dense clouds of her guilt and sadness dissipate just a little. “Your family has a habit of it, maybe it’ll be your turn next time.” It’s not a funny joke, but she smiles anyway as she looks into Selaphiel’s eyes - knowing even if she doesn’t manage to get a smile from him, she’s still so grateful just to be able to talk to him again.

mazikeen

@Selaphiel

Messages In This Thread
    please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 10-04-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 10-16-2021, 11:55 AM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 10-16-2021, 07:31 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 11-13-2021, 07:45 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 11-13-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 11-20-2021, 11:23 AM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 11-27-2021, 09:00 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 12-12-2021, 06:43 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 12-20-2021, 08:53 PM