• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  I might go interstellar

His temper finally loosens and sparks his tongue.

Nashua had been trying to hold it all in - imagining that patience that Yanhua often encouraged him towards - but there is a storm brewing in the chestnut pegasus and the winds blowing in him suddenly turn into a tornado. He had been a child forced to grow up without a father, thanks to Curse. It had stolen his mother’s smile for years and Yanhua could never bear to speak of the memories he had seen radiating off Wolfbane.

But then Nash had met some of his brothers and sisters.

Celina had died in the fires of Loess, another death that he places the blame upon the Curse. Elio had his own haunting memories of their notorious father and had eventually gone missing. Another casualty that he blames on the Curse. Pteron had never been unkind nor had Tiercel but Gale had been his only half-brother to take a vested interest in him; that seemed to genuinely want to build a relationship between them. And now Gale is gone as well.

The Curse had manifested itself in him, and then had taken his youngest son. 

"No, I don’t.” He rages at her, years of pent up anger suddenly released (undeservedly) on the Thane as his voice thunders out across the Isle. "You want to kill Gale, but there are many others who will want Gale dead before this is over. Even if you succeed, It will come back.” His green eyes are blazing with a fury that he has shown to very few, if any. "And if this cycle continues, on and on until what?” He fumes, ”Until Beqanna is reduced to ash?”

Her stars wrap around her as Ciri apologizes and Nashua knows that he should as well. He was the one who had left on the Isle half-healed. He was the one who had never spoken about the Curse, never mentioned it again after Lilliana asked him not to. The whole story had made him sick and left him as he felt now; so furiously angry and helpless feeling with nowhere to strike or lash out. She isn’t angry at him, she says. Nashua knows that but his expression turns to steel as it settles on his copper face. It only breaks slightly, revealing that "I’m angry too, Ciri.”

That he had been, for a very long time.

@Ciri

[Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 07-24-2021, 02:13 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 07-25-2021, 03:04 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 07-28-2021, 06:56 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-01-2021, 06:58 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 08-02-2021, 04:31 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-04-2021, 07:01 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 08-09-2021, 01:16 AM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-10-2021, 07:24 PM