• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  I might go interstellar

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

She can see his temper flaring deep within his summer eyes and knows that she’s pushing it, blatantly speaking to her King with open disrespect. She hopes he views her through the lens of a friend and not as a King. Not today.

She listens to him silently, sullen and somber, but each word wedges itself into painful pieces of her. And when it comes to the matter of Gale, if there was even a Gale to matter about, the gravity of it all settles firmly across her scarred back and settles as a heavy burden just beneath her wings. The fact that he thinks this Curse has come back as something more terrible than before… It’s too much. It’s all too much.

This wasn't just a normal fight, a light boxing match. This was charging into a full on war.

He probably hadn’t done it intentionally but his warning slices through her like a sharp blade. A muscle begins to work in her jaw as she raises her head slightly, her silvery gaze freezing over into pure ice. Killed again. It echos over and over in her brain. “We wouldn’t want that would we.” She says softly, too softly. A sort of deadliness in her tone, her voice strangled near the end. Perhaps she had deserved that dig, after bringing up his son. Knowing how much pain and fear he must be feeling.

Slowly she forces herself to relax but the fire in her belly refuses to die, the flames licking at her throat as the anger wraps its hot embrace around her, flickering in the stars that hover protectively around her.  “I’m sorry.” She finally says. A pause. “You’re not the one I’m angry at.”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 07-24-2021, 02:13 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 07-25-2021, 03:04 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 07-28-2021, 06:56 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-01-2021, 06:58 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 08-02-2021, 04:31 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-04-2021, 07:01 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 08-09-2021, 01:16 AM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-10-2021, 07:24 PM