• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  I might go interstellar

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

It was worse than she could even imagine.

It had been bad enough, what the Curse had done to her. What it had done to Gale. But if it had Nashua’s son… Her own internal struggle seems to pale in the enormity of what Nashua reveals and quietly she reaches for him, placing her dark muzzle to rest silently on his russet shoulder in painful understanding. She knew all too well what it was like to have your child snatched from you and raised by another against your will. Memories of discovering her grown son in the other world of Eternal, raised and devoted to Jah-Lilah, had always left a bitter taste in her mouth. As if she had been betrayed by those she had trusted most with the one thing that had meant most to her. There had never been any other choice in who would raise her child back then, she had trusted Jah like a mother. But something had felt off when she had found them again, something had shifted, as if she was intruding. Replaced.

She wants to fight against his wisdom, wants to rally against the sense in his warnings. Yet she can’t deny the truth in his words and she could scream with the frustration of it all, of this nearly impossible task set before them. "Kill him and you condemn someone else" he says and she snarls, pacing away from him as she unfurls the midnight wings fully from her back and snaps them in agitation. “So what am I to do Nashua? What happens when we inevitably run into him? Shall I just let him kill me over and over again until he grows bored and leaves me dead for good? How long do we wait till he tires of your son?” Perhaps it is a low blow and despite the truth in her concern she’s instantly flooded with guilt and finds she cannot meet Nash's gaze.

The silence that follows her outburst is deafening and she cannot look at him, her cold silver eyes turned back on the burnt remains of the beach. Considering the destruction left in the wake of Castile’s fire. Sometimes you need to take big risks for big rewards. Perhaps it was time to stop thinking as a simple fighter and start thinking smarter, like the dragon kings she had once known and loved. Nashua’s voice drags her from her thoughts as he speaks of going to Loess and Nerine. A trip doesn’t even come close to putting a stopper on her rage but she bites her tongue as she finally nods in agreement and does her best to swallow her anger even as the sparks of fury singe the back of her throat.

“What about the rest of the Isle? We can’t leave them unguarded.” She asks quietly, finally looking back at him over her shoulder and peeking through star-dusted feathers. The residents may not be many but that wasn't an excuse to leave them as sitting ducks if the Curse felt like breaking someone else's legs. Another pause before she asks an even softer and more uncertain question. "Do you think he could still be in there somewhere? Gale?" Is there still a chance to save him or was he truly lost for good?

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

Messages In This Thread
    I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 07-24-2021, 02:13 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 07-25-2021, 03:04 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 07-28-2021, 06:56 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-01-2021, 06:58 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 08-02-2021, 04:31 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-04-2021, 07:01 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 08-09-2021, 01:16 AM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-10-2021, 07:24 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 08-10-2021, 08:35 PM