• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  heaven help me for the way I am
    mazikeen
    Mazikeen doesn’t understand the disappointment that she feels when his purring form is no longer pressed against her, when they do not immediately get down to the act that had driven her to seek him out. It is easier, she discovers, when he wears the colours she’s come to love - though this in turn makes sadness and guilt and disgust churn in her stomach. None of these emotions are helpful and she continues to try to keep them far away.

She doesn’t press her reason for wanting to see him just yet, she lets him set the pace and lets him lead her where he wishes.

But by the time they’ve left Hyaline, her frustration and confusion are roaring within her mind and her entire body is illuminated with burning markings. He'd changed to match her, had greeted her affectionately, and yet they're literally just strolling around as if there is no desire for less space between them? She is just about to consider pouncing on him, whether to fight or something else, when he speaks again - explains why they are outside of Hyaline. They’re going to steal someone and hold them captive for a ransom. Like the mention of obedience, this does not immediately bother her. Steals happen all the time and they do not need to be malevolent.

He offers to let her choose the target and she snorts softly, as though she does not believe this to be a kindness.

And yet… she has an idea already. And like so many of her other dealings with the Curse she tries to delay displaying how quickly her mind is made up. Mazikeen wonders if these instinctual, automatic responses to the Curse mean she understands it, maybe even is better matched with it than she was with Gale, but that is something for her to shred herself over when she is alone later.

The dark griffin stops, reaching out to tug (not too gently) on his wing to get him to do the same if he does not automatically pause with her. There’s no point in continuing to wander until they decide a direction and she has just one question before she makes her suggestion. Mazikeen doesn’t keep distance between them this time, and she ignores how easy it is to move to him and to not let herself question or think about it too much. Her black beak nuzzles into the feathers of his neck when she asks in a low voice “And what would you consider an appropriate ransom?”

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-14-2021, 06:28 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-19-2021, 08:43 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:04 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-21-2021, 04:35 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:52 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 04:11 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:06 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 08:30 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-23-2021, 02:20 PM