• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] the mountain cannot bow
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    He returns, babying his broken wing but determined to succeed in his goals. It took him two whole days to gather the courage to leave the safety of the north. All it would take is a single Pangean spotting him and his life would be forfeit. Yadigar takes a breath to steady himself before he begins his ascent up the mountain once more. He is nearly grown now and roughly his father’s size, but he lacks the army the dark king has. Perhaps he could sway others to fighting alongside him, but he knows that any harm that befell them would consume him.

The young drake climbs with one wing tucked tight to his back and the other hanging weakly against his shoulder. His talons gingerly test each footing before he trusts it with his weight. Despite his larger size, he is more cautious this time. The winds that bashed him against the northern cliffs have taught him that flight is not always an escape route.

He also does not grant himself any warmth with little puffs of fire this time around. He keeps his eyes trained on the mountain’s peak and his goal, his determination building a new sort of fire in his heart. Yadigar swallows hard and pauses when he nears the crest of the faeries’ home.

I was not worthy, when I last came to you,” he calls out, his ears perked forward as he studies his surroundings for any sign of someone listening. “I have grown and so too has my fear. But my goals remain the same – I will stop my father and his allies. If I am still unworthy of your gift, then I will face them as I am now.

He pauses and considers his next words carefully, weighs them out one by one.

If I don’t survive, then my only request is that you tell Breach.. tell her I do love her. Tell her it was a pleasure to lay down my life for her and everyone else.

@[Officials]
    attempt one: https://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=27163
    ETA: gar is questing for size manipulation
    Oh, they want to come, they do. He is worthy, but it not yet his time, and so they remain. They remain because they see the world in ways mortals do not, because they are not allowed to play favorites or get involved. The wind is the only thing that greets him, but perhaps - just perhaps - the wind is speaking. Soon it seems to say, but it is hard to know if that is only your own hope that speaks the word instead.

You have rolled a 1 and will not receive a quest. You can try again in 1 RL month.
    Please tag in replies