• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  no matter how the winds blow
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    He is terrified of his father. When the cruel king speaks of fire and death, he can see the way it delights him despite the way it sends the children cowering from him. Even when Cirilla tries to inspire a sense of peace within Ghaul, it finds no place to take root. Yadigar wonders if that is because peace, for a monster, is the slaughter. The hunt relaxes him in the way sunbathing might delight his offspring. How long will it be until a simple kill is no longer enough to sate him, though?

If no one is strong enough to rise up against him then he will become that opponent. He takes a deep breath and begins his ascent up the mountain, chin held high and wings tucked close to his back. Even if people shrink back from him and seem repulsed to see the son of an awful king, he will protect them from the fire. His small claws grip the dirt as he carefully zig-zags his way around boulders or crevices. When the dirt turns to snow, he breathes little puffs of fire to warm himself and keep his shivering to a minimum.

He could fly, he supposes, but the winds are too harsh to allow him any control over his flight. His thin tail swings back and forth to help him keep his balance when he nearly stumbles on loose rocks. When he nears the top, it is midday and he begins to notice how thin the air is. His fire grows weaker by the minute as it warms him less and less. A small whimper leaves his lips and then he comes to a stop.

I’m sorry to bother you,” he begins, shivering and shaking. “I’ve come to ask a favor. My father wants the world to burn but I think there’s still so much worth saving.

He wonders if Ghaul would crush him for these words or just thrash him around again. Still, he continues.

I just want to be able to stop him. I want to keep everyone safe.
    @[Officials] yadigar is questing for size manipulation please!
    He is the sort they might come for, but he is a young thing, not yet ready. He cannot really know himself; not yet. Soon, but all young things need time (not that mortals have very much of it). Still, the faeries do not greet him. Not yet, anyway.

You have rolled a 1 and will not receive a quest. You can try again in 1 RL month.
    Please tag in replies