• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we come alive just past the edge of the midnight; yadigar
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    Yadigar was raised with no sense of freedom as Breach has. Instead, he was taught that fate is patient and it will wait as long as it takes for each destiny to be fulfilled. No matter how he fights against the rising tide, it will always crush him against the rocks. He has not yet learned how to stop fighting despite this. There is no part of him that knows surrender and so he keeps his eyes trained on the future that defies all the fortunes his eye has given him.

He lifts his gaze to hers when she says he could not be unimportant. It breaks his heart in two to hear the words. “I was born a monster and I will die a monster – not because of how others feel toward me but because of what I’ve done, what I will do,” he says with his vision trained on her face. She says she isn’t afraid and he finds himself scowling at her in response, nearly furious that she doesn’t find him revolting. How could she not see him for what he is? Breach must be like the others, then.

That kind of thinking will get you killed. What’s your name, anyway? That way I can mourn you properly, since you don’t know when to be afraid.” Despite his harsh words, he is creeping closer to her like a dog learning to be touched. She makes him angry in a way that others do not. Perhaps because her blindness is cast over him rather than any of his family members? He does not dwell on these things as he turns his body to stand side by side with her, though. Yadigar despises exploring his emotions or whatever inner truths they may uncover.

You’re very stupid. I don’t think I mind it too much, though.
    @[breach]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we come alive just past the edge of the midnight; yadigar - by yadigar - 07-29-2020, 11:44 AM