• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me hope in the darkness; any
    so give me hope in the darkness that I will see the light
    'cause oh that gave me such a fright
    The problem with being a child’s primary caretaker is that…well, there isn’t much of an excuse to hand them back and go off and do other things. Despite his rather large number of children, it has been a while since Brennen has truly been the primary caretaker in any situation – there are children he has raised on his own, but most of his youngest children have been still in possession of their mothers, upon whom most of the work of primary parent had fallen. It hasn’t much affected him before, these limitations, but he hasn’t ever before had quite the…active physical relationship with past lovers as he has with Nihlus.

It’s hard to make himself pull away from his lover; it tests even his patience and control. The younger stallion objects to Brennen’s terminology but the magician is quite sure it’s accurate, especially for younger Nihlus of the past, and so he simply laughs and quirks a smile at the growled threat. “Promises…” he teases, but forces himself to pull away and not follow through when their daughter glances back at them. It reminds him, briefly, why he has chosen to keep Lhoire somewhat close to Nerine. There are other children here, several of them, and he knows it can be lonely for her at home on the island. It’s nice for Bren and Nih, of course, and he’s sure it will once more be their heaven when their youngest is a little more independent.

They breathe quietly together for a moment before Brennen speaks, and he knows his partner is listening when he responds thoughtfully. He knows, too, that Jesper will understand (even if he did get hurt, he will probably understand) but that didn’t make the choice any less difficult. He can feel Jesper, too, across his net and he knows his grandson isn’t in any immediate danger, but still… “I would appreciate that,” he says quietly, knowing that Nihlus checking in on Jesper would be much less threatening under any circumstances than Brennen showing up, especially if he loses his temper. Not that he’s above a good temper tantrum, and it’s definitely in his arsenal to lose his shit if it’s called for, but sending in the sweet-and-innocent looking bystander before the angry magician is as good a plan as any.

If it doesn’t work, it’s not like he can’t be plan B. It’s been a while since he threw a major fit. He can leave Lhoire with her older siblings and be in Loess or anywhere else before they could truly hurt Jesper.

He leans into his lover’s side again, taking some actual comfort in being physically smaller than his counterpart. Despite his larger-than-life reputation and tenacious fighting ability, he is not particularly tall nor large. He listens to Nihlus’ quiet words with an open heart that fills with the affirmation, and turns away from idly watching Lhoire to press his face into Nihlus’ shoulder for a moment. “I love you too,” he drawls, voice just loud enough to be audible. There’s another rush of his feelings that wash over both of them – the words are important, but he finds that being able to express himself in a variety of ways makes it easier to prove his intentions. “If it’s all the same, though, I’d rather you keep growing up to be you,” he says, “I think one of me is probably enough.” Without the emotions that wash between them, it would seem flippant, or teasing; certainly there is an element of that, but it’s something deeper than that. He appreciates and loves Nihlus for who he is, and he wouldn’t change anything.
    but I will hold, as long as you like
    just promise me we'll be alright
    BrenneN

@[Nihlus]

Messages In This Thread
    give me hope in the darkness; any - by Brennen - 03-21-2020, 09:15 PM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; any - by Nihlus - 03-23-2020, 01:49 AM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; any - by Nihlus - 03-25-2020, 04:19 PM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; any - by Brennen - 04-03-2020, 09:04 PM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; any - by Nihlus - 04-05-2020, 04:01 AM