• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anywhere i go there you are; brennen
    so give me hope in the darkness that I will see the light
    'cause oh that gave me such a fright
    He, too, had loved her. It hadn’t been romantic, not for most of their lives, but when it had it been a sudden change. And whose fault was it? Even now, he’s not sure. For so long he had tread carefully on his side of the line: friends, and nothing more. Had it been Scorch who changed that? Had it been Brennen, remembering that he had lost Neraza before he could admit to himself they were more than friends? Maybe he’ll never be able to sort out that time – those moments that had changed everything they were to one another. In the end, Brennen had loved her too, in a way that was all-consuming.

It had destroyed both of them, at least for a time. Despite how much she’d hurt him, the time he’d spend in being angry, he has no illusions that she had not been hurt as well. It had cost her something, to give herself to him for a time. Perhaps their pain was the strongest sign that it had not been meant to be – but that is distance speaking, not the acute pain he had experienced at the time.

But there is one thing which made it different for him, and he has always known it. Though he has been monogamous for brief periods of time when engaged with a woman he loved, it was nothing like having only one lover…ever. Still, Brennen had believed that Scorch’s mate was gone. Perhaps dead, perhaps not, but certainly he had not believed that he was ruining that for her, by giving in to what they both wanted. That, he would never have done.

Intentions or not, it had been done. And now, lifting his head from the grass of home, he is momentarily baffled to find himself instead on the riverbank, well away from all of his homes; and also blinking into an unfamiliar face. But – no – unfamiliar yes, but he knows who this is. Blinking, for once Brennen is quiet because he is honestly at a loss for words, not because he is intransigently refusing to speak full sentences. In this moment, he thinks that if Hestoni were to attack him, he might allow him it without twitching a feather in his own defense.

Slowly, he straightens, but carefully does not even attempt to smile. That would be hiding, and at this point that would be ridiculous between the two of them. “Hello,” he offers quietly, because it would be ridiculous to truly say nothing. He supposes that the other stallion must have been…dwelling…thinking about it. About him, and in his own floaty headspace he had then come here. Perhaps he, too, would like to put some sort of closure on their shared experience. Perhaps he doesn’t want it intruding now on his new happy, his quiet life with Nihlus (quiet being relative, of course – his boy is anything but quiet); perhaps he simply is curious about Scorch’s lifemate. He doesn’t care to look too closely at his own motivations.
    but I will hold, as long as you like
    just promise me we'll be alright
    BrenneN

ooc; I'm really the worst of the worst but here *hides*
    @[Hestoni]

Messages In This Thread
    anywhere i go there you are; brennen - by Hestoni - 11-08-2019, 05:19 PM
    RE: anywhere i go there you are; brennen - by Brennen - 01-06-2020, 10:55 PM