• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

must have been the wind; leilan
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    For all that he is ice, it is a shell, an outside, a portrait - something that keeps the world at bay as much as his joking mannerism, as much as when he doesn’t ever fully let anyone in. He’d made the mistake of making an exception or two, once, and it had cost him.

But he’s not fully frozen, not by a long shot. He knows that now. He’s been given so many chances to discover it, it may be ridiculous that he’d only now found out - but no, it’s not that. Deep down he always knew, he just never showed anyone else. Because softies get the short sticks, and showing any sort of weakness to the wrong person can mean death in Beqanna.

It’s not just Beqanna though - in fact the fairy-ruled land is far kinder than most places, where magic runs freely - those with power gaining more and getting consumed by it, those without crumbled beneath their hooves. That’s the same everywhere. The Beqanna fae however provide a balance, by sending horses on quests like his.

To give without asking in return, at least not from them. It’s a skill he knows he possesses, he just never had truly bothered with it. Or, at least not for a long while.

Heartfire though, has no reason not to ask - not when she can gain something she needs in return. When Lilliana, in all her hidden disappointment, asks his advice, he smirks a little. ”I don’t think she minds when she gets her returned favor.” Lilliana might think she has nothing to offer now, but perhaps in the future - however long it may take; Heartfire is a patient immortal - she might be able to secure an alliance, a stronghold for the Nerinian kingdom, in some twenty years through Lilli’s help. Who knows. ”Perhaps she has something to ask of you now, though. You’ll only find out by asking.”

Of course, the chestnut would already know this, but it seems she wanted confirmation, and he’s happy to oblige. Still, the matter had better be settled by now - and the squirrel conversation proves a rightful distraction. ”Herding? Oh, no. I hunt them. But not the scrawny ones, I suppose.”

He shakes his crest, thinking that the squirrel population probably wouldn’t ever expand to Icicle Isle at any rate. The conversation doesn’t allow for daydreaming though, a quick jab from Lilliana returned to him easily. He answers with a half-truth. ”I’ve had to delve into my stock this year,” he admits. Then, he shakes his head. ”I don’t blame you for not believing me. Nobody wants to.” he grins a little; his playful mannerisms were on display now, but not everybody actually got to that stage. In fact, she had only to ask her Comtesse about him - but somehow he figured she wouldn’t.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[lilliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 10-28-2019, 09:10 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 10-29-2019, 02:41 AM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 10-30-2019, 09:21 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-03-2019, 06:22 AM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-03-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-05-2019, 12:29 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-07-2019, 09:28 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-10-2019, 01:55 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-15-2019, 09:02 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-19-2019, 03:04 AM