• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

must have been the wind; leilan
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    For such a curious mare - curious in the way that she seems different from most, but equally curious in the way she keeps asking, not with words alone but with her eyes as well - for such a curious mare, she is remarkably good at pretending she is not. A pretender trying not to ask the questions she really wants to; all for diplomacy and pleasantness - things he could care less about. He’d have told her if she asked, but he doubts that she ever will. Oh, the irony.

In fact, he’s not prone to keep literally anything from anyone - it’s just that no-one cares or dares to ask these days. Whichever one it is, he doesn’t know, and has since stopped being bothered by. So to make up for the lack of questions, he almost carelessly says just this and that, as if he doesn’t mind who does or doesn’t know how deeply Beqanna, and with it the Jungle, the Amazons, Nerine, his family, are rooted deep within. Of course he does mind, a little - he minds his words sometimes more than others; oftentimes less than others expect. Diplomacy comes in many forms. In his case, it is a decidedly hidden one.

And perhaps they’re more alike than he initially suspected. Outgoing, noisy and nosy he may be, yet Leilan avoids the topic of close family and friends as easily as Lilliana ‘forgets’ to talk about Elaina any more. Pretenders in their own right, the two resort to light-hearted jokes. He recognizes it and decides to let her have her moment of joy and calm, in a world full of dangerous storms and predators alike.

The metaphor she uses on the Nerinians isn’t quite fitting though, and he chuckles low at the idea. ”The only sheep doing well out there are wolves in disguise.” he shakes his head, glancing directly north. ”You’re right though. Nothing eludes her.” Most certainly she will learn of this meeting one way or the other, but that’s the beauty of it. He doesn’t have to meet with her to know she keeps tab on everything and everyone. ”I’m more than certain she knows exactly everything that happens to her family and her subjects. If you want her to, just ask her to look out for Elaina.” There is an unspoken but recognizable amount of trust in her abilities, in the way he says it. It’s likely Heartfire would ask for something in return, but she knows how to keep a secret.

That conversation however, is something too close and personal for the moment. Although the male loves prodding and prying, he knows when it’s going to hurt and when it’s relatively safe to do so. A change of subject is in order, and so he glances from her to the trees. ”So may I ask what keeps you busy here in Taiga? The trees themselves aren’t much of an entertainment.” Close to adding believe me, I tried, his eyes sparkle green-ish towards the chestnut mare. Aten and Lepis are both very serious people, as far as he knows them. It’s kind of funny how Lilli has much more of a Nerinian vibe, he thinks.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[lilliana]
    -rambles on-
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 10-28-2019, 09:10 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 10-29-2019, 02:41 AM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 10-30-2019, 09:21 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-03-2019, 06:22 AM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-03-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-05-2019, 12:29 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-07-2019, 09:28 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-10-2019, 01:55 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-15-2019, 09:02 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-19-2019, 03:04 AM