• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Dipping my toes in the water; Heartfire
    Ilma
    One night I will be the moon
    hanging over you

One night I will be a star
    follow where you are
    There is little she can do at this point, she thinks. But not moving, just waiting until the idiocy that came with power, passed - it occurred to her that it might be a family trait - that wasn’t helping anyone.

There was a lull now, a silence before the storm. Heartfire was the embodiment of such silence, Ilma decided, and right now that was a good thing. It was what she needed, if she was still allowed to need things and to mean anything, in the world of today instead of only the world of yesterday.

The sabino roan is quick to greet her, by name - a simple thing that the white mare has come to appreciate. They might not be well acquainted, what with only a one-time diplomatic meeting, but they both know enough of each other to know that this collaboration that Ilma came for, if more or less a formality only.

The sun-winged mare smiles at the queen who greets her. ”I’ve had to process a bunch of thoughts - including future decisions, - so I’m afraid I came a little late to the scene. I realised things kept changing every time you spoke to someone.” she offers by means of both explanation and apology. ”I believe you’re all set to move, if I’m not mistaken - but if you’ll have me, I could speak to those you may not yet have reached.” There are places, lands, that had been unaccounted for. Lands deemed insignificant enough, lands everybody thought or hoped would not mingle with whatever happened. Or, perhaps, Lepis had sought them out already. It would be good for those parties to know what might lie below the surface of certain alliance offers. Of what could be in the future for who those who thought merely to be friendly and peaceful.
    Hurry, the sun is waking
    Darling, don't leave me waiting

@[Heartfire]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Dipping my toes in the water; Heartfire - by Ilma - 09-17-2019, 04:48 AM
    RE: Dipping my toes in the water; Heartfire - by Ilma - 10-21-2019, 02:02 AM