• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [PQ - in progress] To give up would be a mistake; any fairy

She would not be deterred by the fairies silence, after all half the world is silent to her already. After many suns she makes her way back to the mountains base. Spring had just started showing it's fingers across Beqanna and snow still stuck stubbornly to the side of the mountain, covering her path in perilous obstacles. She had Dexter to help guide her, like she had since her birth. They made their slow trek to the mountains peak, shivering and pushing against the brisk winter-spring wind that whipped around the mountains sides. 

When they finally reached the epicenter of Beqanna's magic it seemed like for a split second that she could feel the magic leaking into her feline bones, warming her enough to pull the shiver away. Last time I was here, I waited for an answer and none was given. she spoke confidently, paws firmly pressed into the snow below her and chest forward. I will wait as long as I need to, visit as often as I can, and do what ever it is I need to until I receive an answer.

She looked around at the white rocky scape infront of her with one icey blue eye and one milky useless one. I know I need to start living my life once I descend this mountain, regardless of the outcome. But, my hope will always run high until I receive what I am looking for. she ends in a breathless, quiet proclamation. All of her life she had known nothing but disappointment, and abandonment, but the idea of being whole once again set her nerves on fire.

felicitey

who do you think you are? collecting your jar of hearts.

@[Officials] Felicitey is looking for vision sharing - non genetic with rose gold sun ray markings; she lost an amber eye to Djinni who gave it away to another competitor. She would like it back.
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    “It is only an eye,” she says, appearing in a swirl of snow. The wind howls at the top of the mountain, still icy despite the fact spring has come to Beqanna. Still, spring rarely finds its way to such an altitude, and Wysteria does little to warm the area around them. “And yet you seek far more than an eye to replace what you lost,” she says, a note of disapproving in her voice.

“You ask for more than we can give at once. Prove to me you can learn to be strong without a crutch. When you leave the mountain peak, you will lose the sight in your other eye. Go and live that way, and prove your strength. If you do successfully, you may return for either both eyes or the magic you seek.” With that, she disappears, leaving the girl to her fate.

Congratulations, you have rolled a 4 and received a quest. You will be fully blind for the duration of this quest. You must thread with 2 other horses learning how to navigate the world blind and proving that you are capable of doing so. You may use the NPC account, but you must have two separate threads.

When you return you may have either a) vision sharing or b) the lost eye (the marking is fine with either). Regardless of your choice, you will get your sight back in your existing eye.
    EDIT 3rd option, you may have a magic eyeball to replace your missing eye with vision sharing, but only the magic eye would have vision sharing so you'd only see out of one eye from someone else.
    Please tag in replies
    @[Kyra] can she still have the help of her companion animal?
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    Yep, that’s fine!

When the fairies had sent her down the mountain the first half of her trip had filled her with excitement of all the possibilities for when she returned. The second half of her travel down the mountain had filled her with anxiety. How was she going to complete this quest with out her vision at all? What if Aries left her, not wanting to deal with her new (but temporary) self?

She had spent a good time clinging to the side of the mountain watching Aries and listening to Dexter's calming affirmations, his fingers trailing circles through her fur. When she had seen him waiting and heard him walking beside her not leaving her side she knew that she could do this.

Now she made her way back up the mountain, alone. Where she was clumsy in the meadow on that first night, she now finds herself scaling the mountain sure footed. Her attention was locked to Dexter and his guiding demands. A small smile of confidence and appreciation adorned her face. The same smile broadened substantially as she found her feet among flat solid ground, nodding as Dexter confirmed they had reached the top.

I made it to the top. she said outloud to no one in particular before directing her speech to the fairies. Leaving here I was unsure that I would be able to make my way back, but here I am. That has got to count for something. she said, her lioness voice filled with pride. After all she had a right to be proud of herself. She had spent her life struggling with one defect already and then she had successfully learned to conquer two. You sent me on my way to learn how strong I could be with out my sight before you would return it. I have learned. I padded through meadows, found a home among the redwoods, and traveled across hills and valleys. I realized just how much I had been taking for granted. she paused to turn her head slightly to Dexter, love pouring from her heart. I learned how lucky I was to have enough half of what others have always lived with out, all adapting in their own way. I met a man who is guided by the stars, or a star specifically, and a boy who learned to use another gift to see with out seeing. I know I could be as strong as the ones I met. But, honestly, I'm ready to see again. she licked her lips and waited.

felicitey

who do you think you are? collecting your jar of hearts.

@[Wysteria Fairy]
    Felicitey is asking to see with both eyes, expecting to get her original eye BUT I would like her to receive the 8ball eye for cb, maybe a consequence for taking Aries with her on her first post? eventually she needs to learn to stop playing with magic.. maybe lol.

http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=25150

http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24993
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    She doesn’t come back, finding such a thing entirely unnecessary. It’s not as if she needs to be physically present to do something. The faeries are not really physical creatures, only manifestations of the land, given a shape to help the mortals of this world understand. Mortals being all of them, immortal or not, because even the immortal ones do not truly understand what the faeries are. They are something altogether other, after all.

Wysteria returns the vision in Felicity’s good eye, and instead of returning the other, she gives the mare something slightly different. The eye cannot see, at least not as a normal eye, but it can see through the eye of another that would let her. Or through force, but things were always much harder through force. “We are not here to fix your mistakes. You gambled with Djinni and we will not give you what you lost or you will never learn. However, you have certainly learned the lesson I set out for you and as such, you will see, just not as you expected.”

Then she falls silent and her presence disappears, leaving the girl to figure out the rest for herself.

Congratulations, your quest is successful. You have received vision sharing in one eye – your vision sharing eye is blind normally but can be used to see through one eye of another. Please post in updates.
    Please tag in replies