• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Here we go; Aries, Tyr

A sensual shiver ran the length of Felicitey spine as Aries moved passed her. The thrill of another adventure and with her friend, now grown and ruggedly handsome none the less put her nerves on end and made her blood run hot. 

They moved slowly towards the mountain, the snow laid heavy on the ground once they left the forest. By the time they reached the base of the mountain she had decided that the trek to the top needed to be one  made by herself. Of course the two fought about it on the way, what else would you expect from two hard headed individuals, but eventually she had convinced him that there would not be much he could do for her once there. The paths were to narrow and if something where to happen it would happen whether he was there or not.

He waited for her at the bottom and she gave him a soft touch of appreciation before heading up to mountain. When she finally made her way back down the anxiety she felt leaving the top after what the fairy had said quickly lessened as she spotted him below. She stood there for a long while just watching him, appreciating him because once she stepped foot off the mountain she knew she would lose all vision. She did not know how long she would go with out seeing his scruffy face or the stars in the sky or if she would see the green sprout from the ground with the oncoming spring.

Eventually she moved from her perch taking her final step to the ground. Night had fallen by then but as her paws opened up into soft, melting snow the last of the light faded quickly. The fairy's magic claimed her vision as she called out to Aries.

They made their way slowly to the meadow. What should have taken minutes took them a good hour as she got used to not being able to see. She followed the gentle direction and tender touch of Dexter and the thick woody, Taigan scent of Aries. 

Thank you for waiting for me. she said softly, the sadness she was feeling from losing her sight dripping softly into her voice as she stared blankly ahead.  

felicitey

who do you think you are? collecting your jar of hearts.

@[Aries]
    @[Tyr]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    "I'm so fragile, just saying my name can break me. What am I?" 

Tyr pondered the question, stepping lightly yet slowly through the grasses of the meadow. At his side, a whisp of starlight bobbed along cheerfully, waiting for his answer. The night dark stallion smiled as the answer dawned on him. "Your name is Silence!" He exclaimed triumphantly, nudging the warm presence with his shoulder. The reddish orb chuckled, pulsing brighter in satisfaction. 

"Correct. Your turn." Tyr bobbed his head happily, ears twisting and turning as they continued on their way. The star fragment bumped into his leg as they came to a fallen limb, gently guiding his companion around it. 

"Thank you, Antares." He stepped widely aroumd the obstacle, and then returned to their path at his companion's guiding pressure. "All right, figure this one out: I cannot talk, but will always answer when spoken to. What am I?" The light pulsed thoughtfully for a moment, before it's crystalline voice rang out. 

"Your name is Echo. Also, we are coming up on others. You may wish to prepare to halt. Or we could make a run for it. Up to you. They look alright, though." The orb spun thoughtfully, hovering at the stallion's shoulder. Tyr blinked softly, ears twisting back and forth until they picked up the soft sounds that might be other horses. 

He had gotten rather nocturnal since meeting Antares. His friend made it easier to navigate, and as he only came by once the sun went down, it made much more sense to simply sleep during the warm daylight hours, and wait until night came to do his living. It made no difference, when you lived without sight. However, it did make for lonely living, when most horses lived by the sun. 

"Yes, let's introduce ourselves." He nodded, stepping forward more cautiously now that he knew he'd be stopping soon. He waited for the double beat signal Antares would give him when they reached an appropriate proximity. 

"Hello," His sloping nose dipped politely down, in what he was fairly confident was the new horse's direction. It wasn't far off, anyway. "I'm Tyr. And this is my companion, Antares. How do you do this evening?" 

@[Felicitey]
    Aries

Against his better judgement, and a small arguement he waits at the bottom of the mountain. He ponders the idea of what could happen to her up there, but she was strong and she had Dexter...

She calls out to him and as the wolf quickly finds his way to her side she explains that the faeries took her vision! He is at a loss for words, how did this happen!! And why!? He was frustrated, and knew he should have assisted her up the mountain..

But what is done is done and he follows beside her as they made there way to the meadow. It took much longer without her eyesight...but he didn't mind it.

When they reach the meadow she thanks him for waiting and he presses his maw to her neck. Waiting was the easy part, I'm sorry I didn't do more. And by more, he means protect her eyesight.

What was a vulnerable time, has now been interrupted by another. A blue stag approaches, he had markings all over his body and he tilts his head as he gazes at them.

The stranger offers a greeting, even introducing himself as Tyr and his companion. He gazes at a ball of light? He wasn't sure what his 'companion' was....his gaze turns to Felicitey before back to Tyr.

I'm Aries and this is Felicitey, he says introducing his friend. He gazes at the stags eyes, they seemed clouded...could it be...he wonders what the odds were.

Your Only Limit Is You

@[Felicitey]

A smile softens her face as Aries leans into her neck and she inhales the heaviness of his scent, at least her sense of smell still worked. It’s not your fault. You have no reason to apologize, I got myself mixed up with Djinni and I needed to fix this by myself. Though there is no one else I’d rather have by my side as we make our way to Taiga, which I am still excited about by the way.

Just as she got done talking though, someone was in front of them. She could feel it in the way that Dexters fingers held more firmly to her neck and she could feel that Aries slowed next to her, the heat of his body shifting in proximity. The suddenness of it all startled her gifts apparently, because one minute she was the brown and golden lioness she prefered and the next she was in equine form. Her curves had become soft and alluring in her coming into adulthood. The rose gold tipped the edges of her feathered wings, it almost looked as if they were dripping into the pale gold of her body, they were no longer small useless things and maybe one day when she could see again she would finally learn how to use them. Her mane had become long and lustrous like her mothers. It was think and beautiful as it fell against her neck and chest. Her legs felt odd beneath suddenly putting many feet between her and the ground but they were long and slender in form thought had become muscular and less gangly since the last time she saw Aries.

Then the voice came, close and deep. The stallion, who she could not see, introduced himself as Tyr and in turn Aries introduced them. Felicitey dipped her head in response towards the direction of the man. Dexter poked his head up through her amber-gold tipped ears to inspect the pair and especially the companion, who appeared to be a star. Dexter quietly relayed this information to Felicitey. It’s nice to meet you Tyr. I am sorry I can’t really see you at this particular moment but my companion Dexter tells me you are quite a sight, with your star companion. she said curiously with a small smile. It almost makes me wish I would have met you before I went up the mountain.     

felicitey

@[Tyr]
    @[Aries]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    There are two voices now, and two scents that fall more or less into the category of Horse. They are mingled closely, as those who spend much time together tend to be. Tyr smiled as they respond with similar politeness, and listened as their voices fell on his sensitive ears. 

Children, or close enough. One male, one female, and a third character who seemed to fit someplace else in the picture. Their voices carried confidence and concern, though they seemed to be masking that note for his sake. He was not old by any means, only seven summers since the day of his birth. Still, he had wandered far in that time.

As a foal, he had not been terribly confident, and an ill timed adventure had swept him from his home and family. Meeting Antares several years ago had been an unexpected blessing that he was grateful for every day. His insubstantial friend had broken through his lonely existence and given him someone to interact with daily, while he grew into a less viable target for predators. Even now, he felt most comfortable with his strange companion. He likely would have avoided the pair they now spoke to if it had been during daylight hours they came across each other's paths. 

"It's nice to meet you both, Felicitey, Aries and.... Dexter, was it?" His head tipped to one side, still uncertain if there was another horse or something else entirely with them. Antares would fill him in later, if he didn't sort it out. At Felicitey's oddly worded compliment, he chuckled softly. A suspicion was forming in his mind, but perhaps it would be wiser to wait before approaching it. 

"Dexter is very kind. I've never seen me either, so it's always interesting to find what others think of us. You do have a lovely voice." The night dark stallion returned the compliment, blinking over her head. It was certainly not as shrill as some filly's voices tended to be. Antares, who generally preferred to stay silent when first meeting strangers, did pulse warmly at Tyr's shoulder at the girl's words. 

The dark stallion shifted his front hooves in the earth beneath them experimentally, feeling rough grit and sparse grasses beneath. "Are we at the Mountain, then? I hadn't realized we'd gone so far. Have you changed much on your journey?" His curiosity piqued at the topic. 

The Mountain was legend, of course. Every fairy tale he knew involved it in some way. Horses went there when they wanted something very badly, badly enough to risk everything. He had never wanted anything that much, and he now wondered what exactly these young things had needed so desperately to make the trip? 

@[Aries] @[Felicitey]
    Aries

He apologizes for the pain she has endured, he wasn't there when she entangled herself with the magician..but he almost wishes he was, maybe he could have stopped it. But when she mentions coming back to Taiga a grin tugs at his lips, he was glad he could at least be closer to her from now on.

His gaze remains on her for a moment, she had grown much since they were children...the wings that lay on her back much larger and filled. Her body has grown not only in size, but curves had defined her now.

He only drifts at the approach of another, and after he introduces them Felictey gives a dip of her head. Though she says Dexter claims Tyr to be good looking and his eyes shift to the monkey in a glare. He didn't know why...was it jealousy?

The dark blue stag responds quickly, though it is almost as if they had quickly excluded Aries. Tyr goes on to say how he had never seen himself either, confirming Aries' suspcision. This stag had no eyesight either, and in that moment these two already had more in common.

Tyr asks questions, but they were all directed to Felicitey and so he remains silent. His gaze is heavy on Tyr, and though he can't see the discomfort in his gaze surely his companion would catch on.

Your Only Limit Is You

@[Felicitey]

As they stood there talking to the stranger Felicitey did not find herself filled with the anxiety she had felt in those last few moments with her vision on the mountain but the darkness was still new and intimidating, and so she moved closer to Aries, or so she hoped. Her sense of direction was still out of whack.  She gave a small laugh as the stallion complimented her voice, but his next words caught her off guard. Dexter had failed to mention, until now, the situation of the stranger stallion who had in his own way confirmed he too was blind. Dexter stared at Aries with a grin, he too liked Aries but what kind if companion would he be to Felicitey if he never participated in her innocent fun. He stuck out his tounge at the wolf boy before hiding amongst Felicitey's mane once more.

As she took in what the stallion had said in this moment she wished Aries was in his equine form as well, close enough that she could find courage in his proximity though his fur shifted softly against her legs. From what I've gathered we are not far, though it feels like we have been walking forever. she says apologetically towards Aries. I've not changed to much. Where I only had half, now I have none with the chance of getting it all. she said cryptically. The fairies heard my plea, but it seems they feel it necessary to teach you a lesson before they give you what you seek. I'm sure it will do me good though. Aries has been kind enough to help me along my journey. she says, tones of gratefulness drifting from her lips, hoping they would not go unnoticed.

How long, if you don't mind me asking, have you been with out sight? the tasks given to her by the fairies coming to the forefront of her mind.

felicitey

@[Tyr]
    @[Aries]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    The male voice, Aries, seemed content to let the conversation flow around him. This seemed to be primarily Felicitey's story that he had stumbled into, her quest that drove them to the mountain and back. He heard her admiration for the fellow as she spoke her riddle, the bond they shared throughout their mission. It sent the lightest twinge of envy through the midnight man. 

He had Antares, yes. But there was a certain distance to their relationship that he felt occasionally. What was a horse to a star, after all? The celestial being would be around long after his equine friend passed on. Maybe one day he'd meet someone to share his mortal life with. In the meantime, he was happy to interact with this pair.

"It is always fortunate when one has such a honorable companion. True friends are hard to come by, especially in times of trouble." He nodded to himself, thinking on the riddle the girl had unwittingly spoken. Half, none, all. But then his question answered itself. 

"Ah, well. I was born without sight. Inherited from my father, you see. Or don't, I suspect. The Fey were feeling clever, making you work for your vision?" Tyr had never known sight, and so felt that there was no point missing what he never had. Certainly there was beauty in the world, but he found it in the subtle crescendo of bird song as the sun rose, the way cool grass felt on his skin after a day in the heat. There was plenty of wonder to experience, even lacking a sense. 

Still, it seemed like a cruelty to take this youngster's vision. If he understood her words correctly, her challenge was with the hopes of gaining full use of her eyes once more. Even more fortunate that her friend stood by her side. 

@[Aries] @[Felicitey]

Felicitey pondered the man's words. It was a great thing to have the company of her friends, Dexter from the very beginning and Aries even when he wasn't responsible for her. She focused closely on the other blind stallion's words he was born with out sight. Inherited it from his father! what a lonely world that must be. But at least he had Antares, she thought. She wondered if maybe that is how he has learned to live with out sight.

Is it hard? Living with out your sight, that is. Antares must be very helpful in guiding you. Has he been with you since the beginning, also inherited? My friend Dexter has been with me since I was born. I am deaf in one ear and I relied on him alot to guide me and help balance me, literally. I never realized just how much I needed him. Felicitey felt as if she were talking to much, nerves? She stopped, moving slightly closer to the stallion before Dexter gave her ear a gentle tug to stop before she ran right into him.

felicitey

@[Tyr] go ahead and respond, Aries is just here for moral support. (:
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    The wandering stallion smiled uncertainly as the lass suddenly burst forth with curiosity. He couldn't blame her for wanting to know as much as she could about the condition, yet his solitary nature made it a bit difficult to open up. 

But in listening to her, he realized that he had no right to be recalcitrant. If he could say anything to help the girl on her way, he would do his best to put the right words into being. "It has its challenges, yes. You can't tell, I don't think, but my face and legs are covered in scars from various... encounters, with nature." Wry notes peppered his tone as he spoke. It was simply a fact of his life, that there were sticks and stones he wouldn't be quick enough to avoid. 

He chuckled softly, the ropes of white hair falling in his face as his head dropped a degree. It was the same trick his sire had adopted long ago, to let his thick forelock obscure his useless eyes. It had started as a courtesy to help others feel more at ease when he was younger, but now it functioned more as a nervous tick than a conscious action. 

Leaning into the insubstantial warmth of Antares at his side, thankful that the star had found him when he did. "I lost my way from home when I was six months old." He admitted, regret plain on his face. "I didn't meet Antares until I was two. He helped me find my family again, but by then wandering had just become part of me. I couldn't stay on my birth island for the rest of my life, even if that might have been the safer option. The world is too big to ignore, so we experience it any way we can." 

His head dropped a little more, finding the tickling wisps of hair just beneath his chin. She'd moved closer since they'd started talking, quiet enough while she spoke. One hot breath left him to ruffle her hair, before he took a polite step backward. She would learn how to stay put when speaking to others, if her blindness lasted much longer. 

"What is it you need to do, to have your sight returned?" The nighttime stallion asked softly, hoping it wasn't anything too difficult. She was young though, and likely more adaptable than many grown horses would be in the same situation. And she wasn't alone. That gave him faith that she would accomplish her task, whatever it was. 

@[Felicitey]