• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this isn't what it could be; heartfire mostly

you could break my heart in two, but when it heals, it beats for you

A sweep of dark lashes, once, a single smooth and meaningless blink. Her face is otherwise still, calm. Kensa wonders what else she expected the roan to say, but in the end she is not surprised by what she has been recognized for. Heartfire sees a red sparrow who has not learned to use its serrated wings. Silence settles between them and the little mare is placid as she considers that this is the one kingdom with which she has established no ties, and what might be gained or lost in this interaction. Ironic, no matter how Kensa tries to reject ambition she finds herself in moments just like this again and again.

There are a great many responses she might give, one quip in particular rises to the surface helplessly.

Women too.

This she does not say, there has only been Starsin and that was and is something else.

A slight incline of her head and then Kensa relaxes her expression, cheeks rounding up beneath her eyes. She is satisfied with Heartfire’s answer for now, thoughtful in her reply. “I have considered it, though I have focused on little more than my own amusement.” The Khaleesi likely had not expected her to demure or otherwise try to attempt some kind of modesty and Kensa does not bother to pretend at it. “Hyaline has benefitted, but not because I meant it to.”  The sabino is not ashamed nor does she think it a sign of weakness to not have wielded her beauty of the fertility of her flesh to greater gain. She has only just begun to learn of the other lands beyond the East, their politics and people and what exactly Hyaline might find of interest within them. If she means to influence Beqanna and lead the band of rogues that will keep all of them from resting easy she will need more information, that which she might not be able to gain herself would be an even greater boon.

Smiling once again, Kensa sighs pleasantly and opens herself to Heartfire’s suggestions. “I keep pretending I’m not interested in power.”

Kensa

@[Heartfire] Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this isn't what it could be; heartfire mostly - by Kensa - 07-27-2019, 05:58 PM