• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My Heart Has Ached {Dawn}
    Clayton
    Every Story Has Two Sides

She was fighting her inner demons, he can tell by the way she breathed. He hadn't meant to ever hurt her, he just wanted to love her.

When she finally meets his gaze her own was ice cold. He knew what he was about to hear, but he didn't want to admit, no, he had to hear it from hee mouth. And that is exactly what he got.

She pleads with him, begging him to stop, an attempt to make it easier on them both. She says his name and he memorizes the way it sounds, as he will most likely never hear it again in such a manner. When she continues speaking she says she loved bim once, maybe.

Maybe?

The answer causes him to tilt his head, how do you maybe love someone? He had nothing to say, so when she continues to say she doesn't know what love even is he falls deeper into silence. Did she not feel his love when they were together? Would she not have given her life for him like he would for her? He had so many questions, but instead he sits silently, his heart breaking in every moment and he is sure she can hear it.

But his beating wasn't done, no, she continues. She tells him she is leaving the Cove for Pangea, and the best part yet, Litotes has taken his crown. Litotes? Just hearing the name instantly grows a fire within him, his anger and frustration could easily be seen on the outside. He knew that he messed up, but he didn't think she would punish him like this, why the fuck did she choose a traitor like Lie?

She says she will visit as much as she can, even haa the audacity to announce that they crowned Litotes child to rule the Cove. His home since day one, the one he dedicated his life too and was once promised to rule. She begs him to stay, for the children, an excuse perhaps to keep him within reach.

When she finally falls silent an irritated laugh escaped his maw and he meets her gaze with one that was now just as cold as hers. Litotes? The word slithers past his mouth with hatred. You strip me of my crown and then give it to that traitor? He huffs, if he could shift into an animal this might have been the moment he fought with her bear. You really must never have loved me Dawn, if I am so easily replaceable to you....do you bare his child again Dawn? His gaze lookd with curiosity, but on second guess time will tell. No, don't answer that, and don't visit for me Dawn. I don't ever want to see you again. Dedicating my life to this home, and this is how you repay me? Your new king was gone longer than me, but I guess thats forgiveable. He backs up putting more distance between them, his heart shrinking to nothing, broken, again. I will be there for my children, don't worry, but I want nothing to do with you. His gaze shifts to the side You should probably leave now, your king will probably be waiting for you. He wants to watch her leave, taking the last of there love with it

@[Dawn]
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

Messages In This Thread
    My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 06-11-2019, 07:36 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 06-12-2019, 11:37 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 06-16-2019, 09:26 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 07-13-2019, 09:59 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 08-06-2019, 12:32 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 08-06-2019, 09:22 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 08-07-2019, 08:37 AM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 08-08-2019, 09:59 PM