• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My Heart Has Ached {Dawn}

DAWN

i just killed off what was left of the optimist in me

Loneliness has made a home in her bed.

Her children are here, of course, but they are not making the best of companions as of late. Isilme and Austra are furious at her, as she had expected them to be, and Nolin and Athena don’t make the best conversational friends as they are so young. Some days it seems as though it is only Caelestra and herself within the Cove’s walls, and those walls press in on her further and further with each passing day.

Her mind falls to Clayton – she can almost swear she can smell his scent on the breeze coming off of the ocean, but she wonders if it is too good to be true. He had missed the twin’s birth and naming, the war, and everything in between. Out of all of the betrayal she has felt lately, his hurts the worst, because she had figured out of all of them, he would be the one to stick around. He should’ve been the one to be on her side through it all, but he had vanished just like the rest. Left her with four young children that he should have been here to help her raise, and been at her side to restore the Cove to something better than it had been.

Impossible – the gentle call falls to her ears and she turns toward the sound, fighting the nausea and anger that rises in her as she heads in his direction. She crests a hill and there he is – the bay-and-green horned stallion that should have been her King. The man who should have been everything, but he gave it all up and abandoned them. She wants to run to him and tear at his skin and make him bleed for all he has done to her, but there is a longing too, a desire to fall into his arms and sob and beg for him to stay.

It is a nauseating war that is raging inside, but on the exterior she is cold and calm, watching him with with an expression that gives nothing away. “You’re back.”

@[Clayton]
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 06-11-2019, 07:36 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 06-12-2019, 11:37 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 06-16-2019, 09:26 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 07-13-2019, 09:59 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 08-06-2019, 12:32 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 08-06-2019, 09:22 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 08-07-2019, 08:37 AM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 08-08-2019, 09:59 PM