• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  as the day breaks and the earth quakes / castile
    The yearning in her eyes (she missed him and wondered where he had been) gives Castile a flicker of hope, but before he can grasp it and treasure it, it’s gone. Following his question, Solace blinks, and an anger suffocates what tenderness she had. This is what he expected – rage, hate, regret – but when faced with it, he flinches and inches back. He isn’t so proud as to mask his emotions and to appear stoic and unfazed. A thunderstorm of energy, yes, that is what he is. An inferno. Nearly a minute passes until realizing he had been holding his breath, watching her with unwavering intensity. ”I didn’t know… I thought…” but does it really matter what he thinks anymore? ”Twins?” The sense of failure nips at his heels, drawing blood now. It wasn’t just Solace he failed. The tally is increasing day by day, it seems.

Mother. Father. Solace. Sabra. Two sets of twins.
    Four fucking children.

The weight of it hunches his shoulders and drops his head. Even his wings, proudly nestled, slide to the ground in defeat. There is a silence that lasts an eternity as the memories replay again and again until he is able to meet her eyes again. Solace, holding steadfast, speaks with a distant frigidity that he should have anticipated, but simply cannot accept. A lungful of air is drawn in, and it carries with her the enticing scent of what was and what currently is. There is still Hyaline and children, but there is a potent scent of another. It catches his attention albeit briefly because he masks it with what he remembers of them together, when she was his.

When they belonged to each other.

What distance he added between them is lost as he edges closer to her, lifting his metallic eyes to hers. He could touch her if he wanted, relive what they had, but he refrains. Would it drive her away? No, he won’t risk it. Castile is selfish; he wants her to stay right here with him, to keep her all to himself. ”It matters to me,” he finally quips with a sharpness in his tone that even he is unfamiliar with, but it doesn’t last. They’ve always been tender with one another – sweet caresses and kisses along their necks and shoulders – which he, even now, cannot let go. The sugary taste of her name is on the tip of his tongue, teasing him as his gaze traces along her despite her command. Unable to take it seriously, his lopsided, boyish grin stretches across his lips. Their eyes meet and steadily hold. ”I mean, if that’s what you’re into now, Solace.” His laughter is deep and rich in the space between them, luring her to abandon her guarded wall and to return into his embrace.

”We have a family,” he reiterates, more for his own realization than hers. They, together, created not just one but two beautiful children. While disappointed in his shortcomings, Castile cannot suppress the joy that blossoms in his gut. He wants to finally meet them, to reassure them that they have a father that cares for them. Searching Solace’s delicate face (he avoids searching for the scars he had bored into her flesh), he admits in a most tender voice, a tone so unlike the monster that lingers within him. ”I think you underestimate how much I care for you,” he murmurs, his breath warm and smoky, ”and always will.”

There is a pause as he finally reaches forward, smothering his fears of frightening her away, to touch the soft curve of her jaw and to sate what he has been wanting most. ”No matter what.”

@[Solace]
    all the feeeeeels

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as the day breaks and the earth quakes / castile - by Castile - 08-24-2018, 08:36 AM