• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost among the wolves; velis

The bats have left the bell tower

The victims have been bled

My failure does not shock me.

I had tried once again to reach out to another. My voice was all but stolen, I can only speak in hushed whispers and stolen glances. The inky darkness that consumed my coat intimidates despite my delicate frame.

I blame my eyes.

The silver-gray that blends them, mercury and rain clouds across the moon. I try to keep them hidden beneath my long lashes. I care not to share what I can see with the world. All the ghosts, former shells of horses, they all come to me. They caress my skin, whispers with cracked lips and flesh-less throats into my velvet ears. Their decayed breath fills my nostrils and taints my lungs. But still I try.

I can see them all the time but most linger in congested areas. They talk to me, some cry, some are jealous of my life. I use to talk to them...to try to help them and relieve their hurt but I failed at that too.

I find myself in the meadow, alone and winked out by the long stretch of skinny shadows. The sun was fat and heavy in the west, drunk on it's fill from the day of blue sky and clouds. My pewter eyes blink away the sleep before I slip into a silver mist to melt into the evening dew and fog of spring. I can take may forms -mist, shadows, a vision of death rot and decay- but I opt for less of the frightening. And so now, I drift over flora and fauna alike. I slip through mane, slink along cheeks, chilling the skin of all. The ghosts are solid when I am on their plateau. They can touch me, hurt me, consume me but I am stronger and I frighten them away with one sharp look.

It's the demons that do not spook.

When I am safely nestled against a thick clump of trees, I am equine again. My limbs form first and slowly the silver mist gathers to my body, shaping my thin legs to my barrel, my hair and finally my head. Lids fall over the shine of my eyes, blinking away the blurriness that sometimes accompanies my shifting. Not far from me is a figure...tall, intimidating, but he is all too familiar to me though we have never met. He smells of the beach, of my birthplace but I do not move but instead allow him to come to me. Was he death walking? Was he the sin keeper? I dare not ask. The slick black of my coat remains still as a winter pond, like fire forged obsidian stretched over bones and muscle.

Breath in.
    Breath out.

Death has come for me.

graveside

@[velis]

The course of my aimless marching kept me within the Meadow; somehow I never crossed a single border.  Each step sounded – endorsed by the heavy weight of death that collected within the giant spaces of my body. My wander was odd to others with my form. They collected and organized into the convenient sections of this world. I was only at ease here; the darkest black spaces.

All progression concluded as an opening of frondescence gave way for the midnight sun’s opalescent glow. I cloyed within her - ignorant to the ungulates that I was forced to share our moments with. Crisp caresses of her shade tangled the mucked strands of black along my neck. Turning upward, my nasals leveled with the anticipated stream of air. Nasals dilated, the bitterness entering my body to greet every crevice; inside it felt much like my body clutched a breath. I pressed the air out of me; dispersing from my lips unchanged. I did not have the ability to change oxygen with my organs - an obvious sign of my deprivation.

I was often caught sinking into my inquisitions – most of them lodged in my own head. At this time, I do not feel so alone. I had left my love to wander moments ago, with a quick peer from my blackened awe – I confirmed I was under the moon’s ruthless aim. My giant dark black shadow cascaded in attendance to the harshening gleam; I couldn’t leave. Amiss my search for her return – I witnessed something so odd. Why odd? This was so odd, I question if I truly saw.

It appeared as if another beam created a physical mass, did it come from the moon? Its blackness was so sweetly embedded into my night – I would not have missed such a lovely shade. It noticed me, I felt its view fondling my intent stare. Was it her?

With my assumptions; I was compelled to leave my post, my limbs broke into a longing tread – I was so close to her. I’ve never seen her physical mass,  her beautiful black hair and beautifully blackened flesh outlined a perfectly sculpted woman.

”My night, please do not stray,”

She seemed flustered in her new form; I might stop here to wait. ” Please… “, I fear she will leave me, I know she must – but, offer me a moment of your beautiful company. I have waited far too long.

V E | I S

My life is full of longing, but for what I'll never know. I've been drawn into the fire as I reap what I sow..

How much time has passed?

I can not look away from the large mass of equine. He is tall, oh so tall. I can hear the whistle of his breath, almost strangled in his throat. And still I stand and watch. I can feel my own hart beat become shallow and narrowed as my own breath follows suit. It is the moon's loving glow that exposes me, bathing me in the silver shroud of her caress.

All at once I am frozen by his gaze. What had I been doing? Where had I gone when those dark eyes fell upon he? His eyes, his face, his form blots out the death walkers that trail around he and I. The lost souls of rot and of the unfinished that lurk along the edges of my eyes and the tender part of my throat. They seem to fear this man. Headless bodies, jaw-less faces, throat-less necks. They all move to make way from this beast and for that I am grateful.

Hardly a moment passes and he closes the space between us in a matter of a few paces. I feel myself suck in air as though he were to steal it away but I do not move. He is so much larger than my lithe form. I am dwarfed by his chest, his head but I do not fear this man...no, instead I answer- "No, never again." I feel my jaw move on it's own, the words coming forward with breathy anguish as I can not (do not) want to leave his gaze. The mercury of my own pools peering upward to the reflection of my own face beneath the tangle of black hair.

I do not know what I have agreed to but what I do know is that he drove them away. I can see the malice twisting the death masks demonically. They hate that I have been protected. I no longer belong to them and their world. This man, this walking death drove them off. They shriek and quake before him.

I will be whatever he wants if only to stay by his side, to remain protected from the ugly whispers of their swollen mouths with rotten teeth. Tentatively...I raise my head towards him, trembling against the silk of the night air.

graveside

This moment deferred time in a way like never before; I was falling under her delicate black spell that I knew could easily slip from my adoration. It was as if I existed for the sole purpose to stand here; in this second that paused so sweetly for us.

Eyes were pitted with the blackest cast; swallowing her attractive form in its unforgiving blackness. The intensity of my awe grasped her quivering edges; a relief exposed in her own look – and for this I was compelled to provide more of this feeling; it prettied her and placed me into an elated coma of black.

Her voice; her feminine voice was so fragile – like fine silk it tore with the air’s approach inside her mouth. I pieced it together in my desperation to hear. Sewn back to perfection – I was pleased with what I heard.

/I never dreamed this dream./

My discourse wept along my impure lips; the decay melted inside of me; its burden seamlessly eluded from my bistered teeth that had allowed the route for its escape. The stream trickled and spattered like an abstract web of black as my jaw snapped back to its rightful place. I was quite ignorant to my awful state;on the contrary my affection was pleasant as she basked her body near; it was so sudden, so perfect – I did not want to compromise with the scandal that foreboded me.

My figure caped over hers, and in a careful moderation I neared her. Not with my body; my lips – my muscled neck creeped down, my awe closed to her own. The endless decomposition within heeded with a drab film of gray at the very brim of my flesh; just as I were to touch her, it bothered me. I was so eager; but my state was rather discouraging.

/Why now?/

My efforts had retreated with an excuse translated from a thought that was once pressed in the back of my mind. It was there for a reason.

V E | I S

My life is full of longing, but for what I'll never know. I've been drawn into the fire as I reap what I sow..

I can feel his eyes consuming me but...but I think I like it. What feeling does one feel that they like?

(pleasure)

I feel pleasure under his gaze. It confuses me, causes my mind to balk. I have only ever know fear and disappointment. I have only know pain and ugliness. But under this frightening, massive, dying, beautiful stallion I can feel something awaken in my soul. Like cracking an ugly stone that reveals to be a beautifully intricate geode, so is my soul. I am bare and those eyes see right through me.

Naked.

I can only peer from the thin veil of my forelock, upward to watch the dark lips of the man part slowly. I find myself craning to listen, watching closely as the moonlight expires only briefly by a slew of heavy gray clouds. In this time, shrouded in the darkest night yet, I hear him speak. Despite the darkness, I can still see his eyes.

They are all I can see. The spirits of horses long dead simply teeter on the edge of my view. They are too scared to come too closely. I have never dreamed this dream. The words echo in my mind but in all actually I have never either. I had determined my life was only in existence to be tortured by the dead but now...now I am not so sure.

Velis, though I do not know this, nears closer to me soundlessly. The scent of death that betrays him is no longer noticed by my senses. I want him closer. I want to touch him. I want to know why they fear him so. But as I watch the thick neck crest and crane to me, I catch my breath in anticipation but he stops. Something stops him and instead of his caress, I am stroked by the deep rumble of syllables.

He wants to know why and I do not know. I am not sure any answer I give would suffice so instead I chose to not answer. In place of my voice is my own touch. My lips move to gentle stroke his cheek, the texture like nothing I have ever known. My pewter eyes close in response as though I read his skin like braille. His scent is so much more than death and decay. The sourness that once stuns gives way to that of fertile soil, the wetness of freshly rained upon rocks. I feel intoxicated.

I move to pull back away from him. I am ready.

"Because you finally found me when I found you."

graveside

I was lost to her; almost regretting my reservations as her pretty black cells collapsed so perfectly under her dim awn of time. Her spell detached my senses in this instance; surely convinced her shade would never abandon me; ever again. As if I shared this darling dream alone, the nocturnal creatures that infested - suspiciously parted. This was prophecy that break of day would soon take place; yet my proverbial tread did not commence. I alone had her; all to myself. It was like a candied secret we shared. Time was a stranger with her around. Lost like me.

We crashed. We crashed in the most profoundly beautiful way; the only flaw in her taste was that I had not taken it first. My conditions have numbed the barrier that cloaked my corpse; but I have imagined this moment for so long - every sweet fraction of thought rendered the touch. The blackness of my stare ascended to the sky that ran its uncured reflection over the glassiness; to my disappointment there was a luster that brewed faintly between the cloudy array. As I wondered her feel - the blackness cried from my intrusive awe at dawn.

I returned to my beloved; masking the anxiety that pinched my humor. My dream was displaced with constant wonder; as she spoke I could not hinder myself any longer. I moved closer to her - my night’s alluring form was almost as tall; my steps to align against her unblemished blackness was almost perfect but not quite. I had dominated her slightly in height; and I enjoyed the view. For once, I could cover her under my shade.

"My Night…" my acknowledgement mangled from the rutted exterior of my lips; gnawed by the bitter black excretions that were vindictive to my being.

As I rounded her; I could not help but to collapse against her once more, my torn lips returned their affections - my mark of decay latched; yet her prettied black remained unchanged.

I was stuck, Why now?.

I was almost haunted by her feminine form as the corrosive friction followed her with the edges of my teeth; along her neck. The crack of my fangs were astounded by the structure at which they pressed, up to her ears, offering words so affected; it streamed down her caves in a deep whisper.

"…you saved me long ago. You have found me many times before,"

My adoration was firm as my blackly eyes created a home within hers, "Do you remember?" the blackness soaked in a concern that withered me slightly. Almost as corrosive as the endless blight she had bestowed. I was forgiving; she was the only one to give me relief with her dark soundness. As day approaches, I stand and trust that her witchcraft stood effective as well. Even if the shadow deceived. We stood.

V E | I S

If you see a light at the end – it’s just the sun in your eyes.

He touches me but I welcome it. I feel wanted, desired. Never had I ever experienced this before nor had I ever acted as so. Though others would be repulsed, I value this man. I bask in the ribbons for his longing gaze, the brush of his gnarled hide.

I am silk and he is burlap. I melt against him and dare not leave (no do I wish to) leave him. He moves around me and my pewter eyes only watch him, the ripple of muscle under tatter skin, a darkness seeping around the stitching like an child's fiercely loved doll.

When he speaks, I find myself grounded once again. The vibrations that surge my ears, dancing along my nerves and spine. I can feel him play along my ribs, stroking my hips. He curls around me like a thick black mist to whispers against my skin. I do not know how to answer his question but I want to know.

I want to know everything.

"Tell me. I want to hear your words...your voice." I feel myself whispering while coiled tightly to him, close and secret. I only move to break away from him to sanctuary in the thicket and overgrowth of  ferns and brambles. The sunrise temporarily blinds the silver depths of my vision and I am unsure I could bear not seeing him even only for a few moments.

And so I beckon him to follow with my face over my shoulder before moving my frame deeper into the embrace of the still sleeping forest.

graveside

I looked into her darkness, it seemed magically relentless to the upcoming streams of bitter luminescence. It would appear I was lost to her in awe, but her every word dripped so finely into my ears. Each drop adhering to my memory as they were all I had from the years of being her advocate. She had never spoken to me before, and this is all I had ever wanted. Her to tell me she wanted me too. That she was here for me.

"Don’t…"

She left, I watched her eloquently slip into a sweeter blackness, I watched her figure merge into the shadow - and the familiar feeling of being a fool wept over my humor. But then with a throw of her own gaze, she lured me into her cover; and without haste - I followed.

As decayed as my build was - my limbs were robust and clamped the ground as if I had the weight of life. Instead, the weight derived of an endless cycle of foul black liquid that oiled my corners; it flowed in me like blood would the living. As I thought of it’s existence, my lips peaked open with a response; the blackness dispersed from its hold in my mouth.

”I will remind you my love, my night.”

I slowed down at her side; it is where I felt home.

”I could remember the first time you had found me, as it was my favorite.” My neck moderately curved around hers, my lips inverted to a more pleasant signature. ”I had known nothing but the blackness, I was stuck inside of it; but then I woke to your beautiful shade, it was as if you took me from the hell I was bound to and lifted me into your heaven.

With a forwarding movement, my lips sunk into her smooth coat; with a cloy kiss that lasted, I found myself along the border of her hair, her beautiful black hair.

”It was an intoxicating moment. I had to follow you for more.”

My words slithered down her single ear with their thickened sweetness; I was slowly becoming more affectionate as her warmth eased the filth that was once cemented against my eyes.

Even if the Veli was hoaxed into the belief this was his night; would it matter that his imaginary amity was now a true creature that shared the same affections? His mind now submersed into thought of his beginning; how he was brought back from the dead; but he never knew he had lived at all. He never knew he died; but he did. He only imagines his rebirth as being saved from a hell he only knew - the nothingness. As much as he had adored the blackness - the pure, cold, blank black of nothing was hell.

”I want to give you everything.”

The brisk of my skull collapsed to her in the most adoring way; but rose to show her my awe, there was a thankful dose of gleam attached to it. She was my everything, I owed her it all.

”Name anything you want my night.”

V E | I S

I can feel his eyes plucking the strings of my movements yet he does not move. It is not until I grab his eyes, caressing them and silently calling for their attention, does he animate from his stance. Plodding of heavy weight, thick trunks for legs but razor sharp nails meeting the damp soil of autumn in haste.

I fit against him like it was always meant to be. Nothing could pull me away from the way I fit the pocket of his ribs to his hip, my own shoulder and hind end pressed against his underlying warmth, comforting my every need. He then begins when he has me captured, -no- coiled, around him. I eagerly give him my attention, my ears, my eyes.

I listen to his voice, a low lullaby, as he describes me. I am helpless (though I do not want nor desire it) beside him. Like an addict, I crave the sound of his gravely voice, the vibrations of his body against mine as he speaks. Where once my heart fluttered like a caged bird for fear of the massive stallion, it is now bursting with what I can only imagine is love, the need to care and nurture this man.

His lips on my skin make me press against him further. I want to crawl inside him and live forever surrounded by him. I could live without food, water, or sleep.

I could not live without him.

He presses back against me with the thickness of his skull, large enough to crush my own, but he is tender, careful. I can not hold back (nor would I ever try) and I meet his gaze with my own mercury colored eyes. I search them as he speaks, my own breath is catching in my throat as I anticipate what he may say but when he asks me to name what I want...I do not miss a beat-

"You. I want you."

I whisper the words close to him, they were only for him, they would only ever be for him.

I am his and he is mine.

graveside

She has those pretty eyes, dipped in the rawness of the pure black. I fed off of them with my own gaze, I felt myself supporting her as her weight was all over me - just like her wicked words. I never imagined her to be so fragile and exposed, my lips felt her; each bristle like that of fine feather. Fine black feathers. My night. My beautiful little black bird.

I had her perched in my beastly grasp as I yearned for more of her voice, her magnificently sweet contralto that would whistle so sweetly down my ear. Yes, I liked it this sweet.

There was something that erupted with her reactions to me; she was not afraid of my blackish fever; as I hoped since she was the one to place them there. I had not wanted these thoughts, I am currently battling them - I did not want to burn this down; we had just sparked. I just got her.

My black daubed fangs latched to her darling hair; without thinking of the delicate way I had touched it prior - this time was more aggressive, ignorant to a thing called ‘feeling’. I had the best of intentions, but I was unmindful of a little more pressure.

”Then have it.”

My simple words exposed where I wanted to take her, she wanted me and all I wanted was her.

With my grasp I had taken over her posture, my own covering her - our blackness enveloped into something that I had animalistic-ally conducted. The beast emerged, the urges took over.

In her current form - I could not resist; I wanted to create something. It was a sort of dark magic that arrested my mind as my fore-limbs carelessly coveted her shoulders - all I could think was - we would create something beautiful. Something powerful. We would create it in the dark black night.

V E | I S