• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  please don't let me fall

His step towards her gives her so much hope and Mazikeen can't believe she existed for so long without these overwhelming emotions. They're too much and wonderful all at once and it is beyond anything she deserves when Selaphiel closes the gap between them of his own free will with no fear in his eyes.

Of course, the gentle touch on her cheek only causes even more tears to fall and that in turn inspires a small, strangled self-deprecating laugh. Parts of her miss the days when tears didn’t come so easily, even though she knows it is a good thing. The unfortunate side effect of crying in front of everyone she knows is worth it when she’s herself again, when she can reach out to touch Sela gently on his neck before he pulls away and reassure herself that this is real.

And be able to sincerely tell him “It’s not your fault, Sela.” None of it was. “I wouldn’t have let you even if you could have. I didn’t think I was worth saving and then… I didn’t want to be saved.” She had fought against it, refusing it when it had been offered to her. So firm in her belief that she was better off as she had been, even as she had continue to rot and burn away. “But it means a lot to me that you wanted to. That you thought I…”

She chokes on the words though, unable to actually say out loud that she was worth it.

So instead she inhales and tries not to think about how shaky that breath is or how shaky her body feels, and instead offers her friend a small smile and gives him another piece of the truth. “I’m so glad you’re still here.”

mazikeen

@Selaphiel

Messages In This Thread
    please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 10-04-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 10-16-2021, 11:55 AM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 10-16-2021, 07:31 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 11-13-2021, 07:45 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 11-13-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 11-20-2021, 11:23 AM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 11-27-2021, 09:00 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 12-12-2021, 06:43 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 12-20-2021, 08:53 PM