• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  please don't let me fall

She couldn’t leave this meeting to chance, or she might lose her nerve. So Mazikeen takes to the skies as an unremarkable gull and seeks out Selaphiel as the sun gets closer to sinking behind the mountain peaks of their home.

Their last conversation could have gone so much worse, but it still twists her stomach to reflect back on it. To hear the icy venom she had shot at him, to remember the way she had grinned and felt a strange form of joy when he had flinched from her. Now she is so proud of the way he had stood up to her and it is not difficult to hope that there was a way to salvage their friendship. It had only been just beginning, but he meant so much to her.

When she finally spots him below she doesn’t let herself hesitate. She descends, landing nearby but not too close and immediately shifting back into herself while her heart lodges itself somewhere in her throat as her pulse begins to race with nerves. She’s different once again, only this time instead of more scars scattered across her coat there are none at all. Her eyes are once again that old, bright orange. Shining all the more for the tears that begin to prick at the corners of them.

She’s starting to get sick of crying again, though there never seems to be an end to the excuses for it.

“Sela.” She means for the word to be strong enough to call out to him but her voice cracks on those syllables and it ends up being little more than a whisper in the warm evening air. Firion wouldn’t let her apologize to him, but she intends to repeat those words often to the stallion in front of her (when had he grown up?). Just as soon as her voice starts to work again.

mazikeen

@Selaphiel <3

Messages In This Thread
    please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 10-04-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 10-16-2021, 11:55 AM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 10-16-2021, 07:31 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 11-13-2021, 07:45 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 11-13-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 11-20-2021, 11:23 AM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 11-27-2021, 09:00 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Selaphiel - 12-12-2021, 06:43 PM
    RE: please don't let me fall - by Mazikeen - 12-20-2021, 08:53 PM