• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I can feel your heart hanging in the air
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

There is nothing he wouldn’t do for her. If anyone ever tried to hurt her, he would call every dark soul he could upon them. He would set the world ablaze if it meant seeing that pride shining in her sky blue eyes. He is still so young, so impressionable, that he doesn’t realize that love can sometimes be toxic. He doesn’t know that one day, the ones he has come to care for (possibly love in other ways) might go against each other. The spotted colt is still ignorant to much of the world despite his own small tastes of its cruelty.

He still has much to learn.

A sense of comfort floods through him and he leans against her chest, burying himself into her soft golden coat and inhaling the soothing scent of wildflowers and smoke that he has come to recognize as hers. She tells him her secret and he nods against her, understanding that a task had been laid before him. The thought floats gently against his mind, not unlike the dark stirrings that bad souls use against him to feed his uncertainty, and he pulls away from her briefly to look up at her. “Where do I find the best of the best? I do not want to be weak.” He says with a slight frown, realizing he didn’t want to be weak as much as he didn’t want to be bad. It doesn't occur to him that Aela would look down on the beautiful magic of Liesma and her stars, would look at her as lesser than he. That in a world of powerful magic, he was something that could be reckoned with. 

None of that matters much though with what Aela says next. He is unsure of what to say, can’t deny the thought had crossed his mind before but he had smothered it into the darkness with the rest of his doubts. “Maybe.” He whispers, still holding on to his denial because he didn’t want to feel bad things. Plus, he liked Firion. Despite the strange and unusual things he could do that would make others run and scream, he found peace in the older stallions darkness. Different but recognizable to his own. “Maybe your right.” He finally says, looking back to his mother with open uncertainty. “I like him Mom. I want to get to know him. He can do terrible things too, the kind that others don't understand.” What he really wants to say is “I don’t want to chase him away.” He had been abandoned once before, the thought of it happening again is far too painful. It is easier to pretend that Firion is something else if it means he gets to know him, if it means keeping him in his life.

fyr

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    I can feel your heart hanging in the air - by Fyr - 08-31-2021, 04:02 PM
    RE: I can feel your heart hanging in the air - by Fyr - 10-02-2021, 03:50 PM