• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  I might go interstellar

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Time seemed to pass so slowly now. Nashua had not been back since the day he had flown into the sky on the heels of her bad news. The North seemed even quieter then usual with his absence. She hadn’t seen Padme or Mourna in months, she hadn’t been able to find them since the attack, and it seemed all that remained on the Isle were her and Leilan who had stayed behind temporarily. She should fix that, she thinks. She should go out and find others, should do something besides wander the snowy island with only her thoughts for company. Yet every day the sun rises and she is still here.

At first she had blamed the travel. It was hard to get across to the mainland without magic and although her legs had fully healed, the thought of such a trip was exhausting. She had fallen asleep after considering it and awoken, different. Dark feathery wings dusted with starlight poked out over her shoulders and along her backside. She extended them thoughtfully and the way her stars danced along her back made her think this was yet another gift from her old homeland in the sky above. A little motivation, a little nudge in the right direction to seek out the quest the fairy had given her. One that would bring her closer to what she had always been.

For the next few days she practiced with her new wings, finding the distraction welcoming. Easy things at first, like flying over the lake from the burning tree to the opposite side. Jumping off high points until the wind caught beneath her feathers, gliding her to a safe landing spot. Slowly she became more comfortable but still she did not leave the Isle. It just didn’t feel right, when Nash was still gone. When Leilan was still anxiously waiting to continue on his own personal quest.

The air is slightly warmer where she stands amongst the burnt remains of the glassy beach, contemplative as always as she gazes past the sea to the lands beyond. The feathers along her back ruffle with the breeze, her stars dim in the early morning light. “I died.” She thinks again as she usually does when she looks past the ocean waters where gray skies meet dark earth, as she stares at her past and that summer night in the Meadow. “I died but yet I’m here.” Why? For what purpose?

The answers pass her by as they always do and so she flares her wings, watches the waves, and thinks.

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 07-24-2021, 02:13 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 07-25-2021, 03:04 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 07-28-2021, 06:56 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-01-2021, 06:58 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 08-02-2021, 04:31 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-04-2021, 07:01 PM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Ciri - 08-09-2021, 01:16 AM
    RE: I might go interstellar - by Nashua - 08-10-2021, 07:24 PM