• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  heaven help me for the way I am
    Mazikeen can shut down a lot of her thoughts, but her reaction to him returning her gesture of affection is instinctual. A low, soft purr radiates out from deep within her and she only has half a mind to think about how much she hates that it is so easy. Just a little bit of attention to her neck is all it takes.

She shouldn’t enjoy this at all - certainly shouldn’t feel a small flush of pleasure. Shouldn’t be aware that the vivid orange of her markings dims as a few, though not all, of them blink out of existence.

But her purring ceases when he replies to her question - a shudder running through her though she makes no attempt to move away. All she does is stop nuzzling his pale golden feathers for a moment before resuming, giving herself a few seconds to think with what little clarity she’ll allow herself.

Mazikeen does not enjoy cruelty - for all her fierceness, she hadn’t enjoyed when she tore Firion apart, hadn’t wanted to hurt Gale after his “joke” about being just friends. She cares too much and that also translates to preferring to be treated with affection. It’d been so easy to love Gale, with his kind touch and even their lustful moments were still sweet. The way her feathers are being preened is an echo of that Gale, enough to be both wonderful and awful.

She finds herself wondering whether the Curse will be as selfish and rough with her as he was the first time - and it’s with a detached version of curiosity that she realizes she’d like to find out. She isn’t sure anymore what she’d prefer.

Is it better for it to be how it was? Or better to drown those memories with something else entirely? The new reality she is trying to fit herself into so she can survive it.

“I suspect we’ll have some difference of opinion on what is considered a fair price.” She muses, resuming her exploration of his neck, pressing her body into him a little more. Mazikeen with her damned heart would give away the captives for free as soon as someone came to claim them and she doubts he will be so giving. “But maybe we’ll find a way to compromise.” He doesn’t have to do any such thing, she knows - but the suggestion is more playful than it is serious, something she might have said to the other Gale, right down to the way a small smile appears in her orange eyes.

Messages In This Thread
    heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-14-2021, 06:28 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-19-2021, 08:43 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:04 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-21-2021, 04:35 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:52 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 04:11 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:06 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 08:30 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-23-2021, 02:20 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-23-2021, 04:39 PM