• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  heaven help me for the way I am
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

As they make their way out of Hyaline, the last light of the sun disappears over the western horizon. Mazikeen’s markings glow ever-brighter, but the Curse cannot be sure it is not simply a trick of the light, and so he ignores it. His own body glows as well, the cremello hair feathers as if from within, casting a pale circle of light around them as they move.

They’re far from conspicuous - this pair of griffins roaming through Beqanna - but theCurse does not mind. They’ve not yet reached their target anyway, and only then will secrecy be required.

She scoffs at his offer, and he pauses.

Is she going to be difficult?

Her obedience has been quite satisfactory until now. The kelpie is gone from the lake, fled to Tephra where he is now sure that Mazikeen has hidden the children. She’d also not flinched away from the idea of theft, which he had thought boded well.

So he is frowning - not angrily, not yet, only wariness - when she reaches out. The frown deepens as she draws near, burying her black beak in the glowing feathers of his neck. He can feel her breath, warm and damp, and he purrs.

He’s not meant to, and even as the pleasure courses through his veins and he returns the gesture, he feels again that dull ache of wrongness. Is this some bit of Gale remaining, he wonders, or something worse? He should have full control of his host by now, should not be taken unaware by the way his body responds. And yet…

There are better times to worry about that than now. First they’ll enjoy themselves, and then they’ll take a captive, and then he’ll have time to delve deep into his own self and discover the source of this discomfort.

“I was thinking I’d let their loved ones decide,” he answers as he preens the soft feathers of her neck. “But if it is not high enough, we’ll send them back little bits of the captive until it is.”

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-14-2021, 06:28 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-19-2021, 08:43 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:04 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-21-2021, 04:35 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:52 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 04:11 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:06 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 08:30 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-23-2021, 02:20 PM