• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  heaven help me for the way I am
    mazikeen
    When Mazikeen finally sees him, it is not just anger that causes her heart to race. That protective white-noise keeping out her thoughts slips and her pain is on display. There’s still love there, though it makes no sense to her. She shouldn’t have even a hint of affection left for him - shouldn’t look upon this face and still see Gale instead of the Curse. A few more of the markings on her body bloom into fiery light and she does not shift to match the equine shape that he is in. A very minor act of rebellion or maybe an effort to protect herself a little longer. Either way it is pointless - if he asks her to change she will.

What he asks now isn’t really a question and they both know it, but she answers anyway - giving herself the illusion of choice. “Of course. I was hoping to see you tonight.” Though true, the words are difficult to speak and she cannot look at him as she does. She’s too busy trying not to think about the times when she’s walked up to this same body and used something other than words to greet him. Part of her considers doing so now, a detached part of her that wonders whether it would just be easier to pretend this is still Gale. The same part that is beginning to think she should probably be making more of an effort to spend time with him. If she asked, would he include her in whatever it was he got up to? If she showed a willingness to join?

But the moment for an affectionate greeting passes and while Mazikeen is sure the space between them is only temporary, she makes no move to bridge it as she falls into step beside him.

She’d intended to get to the point without any preamble but she finds herself acting like this is just a stroll and she asks one of the more innocent questions that have risen in her mind. “Is there a name you’d prefer to be called, other than Gale?” Now that he’s not coming back is the implication she is trying to get at, though the thought feels like a betrayal. She is torn between that desire to pretend this is who she loves and wanting to completely separate the two of them in her mind - and though she'll likely regret it, she lets the Curse decide which way she'll sway.

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-14-2021, 06:28 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-19-2021, 08:43 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:04 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-21-2021, 04:35 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:52 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 04:11 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:06 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 08:30 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-23-2021, 02:20 PM