• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  heaven help me for the way I am
    rated M for probable sex and violence

mazikeen
    Summer is brief in Hyaline and this year Mazikeen is thankful for it. She’s tired of thinking about how last year she was practically giddy with happiness, tired of the memories that stray in.

Tired of instinctively looking towards the lake on sunny days to see if she can spot Sabal sun-basking. Tired of the warm mornings when she wakes up and expects to see Gale smiling at her.

Mazikeen hates these thoughts, how weak and stupid they make her feel. How they rot at that ever-present hope because she cannot think of a way to save him. She'd brought this all on herself, she doesn't have any right to sulk about how things have turned out. She knew her time with Gale would be brief - she just had not forseen how much the happy memories would hurt, or how she still has not succeeded in completing her promise. It already feels like another failure on her list on the days when she does not want to face her own hope.

And maybe that is why she goes on the hunt today, why she decides to seek the Curse out. Her skin crawls to think of its dark grin when it had mentioned a child but somehow it is easier to think of this, of the present and the immediate future, and let the white noise of her constant anger drown out everything else that is simply too much to deal with.

She hunts as a griffin, a piece of a memory she deserves to have haunt her. Instead of the fiery colours she had worn the first time she had made a deal with the Curse, she’s a deep jet black that matches the growing shadows as dusk deepens around her. Her scars are almost invisible against the shadowy pelt and the only colour comes from her bright orange eyes and the handful of glowing cracks that trace her spine. A visible indication of the direction her thoughts are drifting.

A few more flicker to life when his scent grows stronger and she knows she must be close, her entire body going tense and alert as she moves through the dark woods.

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-14-2021, 06:28 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-19-2021, 08:43 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:04 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-21-2021, 04:35 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:52 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 04:11 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:06 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 08:30 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-23-2021, 02:20 PM