• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the dreams they'd been living, wishbone
    it's a mystery to me
    we have a greed with which we have agreed. you think you have to want more than you need; until you have it all you won't be free. and when you think more than you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
    Savior explains his birthright, and Wishbone wonders what he feels, knowing what his purpose is. She’s always thought there is a purpose for everyone, but she’s never assumed they’ve all known what it was. Most of the time, it seems their purpose is only discovered once the time has already passed. When they can reflect and realize how the stones of life have turned to pave the way.

Wishbone can’t say she’s a protector in the same way Savior is, but she knows there is a bigger purpose for her ferocity and wilderness and optimism.

His heroism is not lost on her; whether he has had to protect Tephra yet or not, she can imagine the responsibility of knowing he is born to protect the kingdom can be heavy. The purple mare has always been willing to die for what she loves, whether family or kingdom, and she remembers when that weight had been difficult to bear as a child. It was one reason why she left Nerine; the responsibility of protecting lives was too heavy for her young spirit. Wishbone’s head dips as she says, “Thank you for your bravery and service, Savior.”

Her eyes are warm at his words after her story. She doesn’t tell him for pity, and nor does she feel ashamed of it. Each experience is an important part of her life. “It almost ruined me,” she says thoughtfully, “but I’m grateful for the experiences I’ve had, as hard as they’ve been.” Wishbone drops her mouth to the stream, enjoying the brisk taste on her tongue. When she raises her head, her gaze peers into the darkness surrounding them. “Now, I’d love to see some of your favorite places of our home.”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[savior]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dreams they'd been living, wishbone - by Wishbone - 05-26-2021, 08:10 PM