• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the dreams they'd been living, wishbone

Savior

It piques his interest to hear her say that she has been back. This implies that she’d been here before and he is delighted that he does not have to ask her to elaborate, that she offers the information without prompting. She grew up here. He studies her a little more closely (as closely as he can in this dark), trying to determine whether she appears younger or older than he is or if their childhoods might have overlapped. He does not remember a king called Warrick, so he determines that her childhood must have come before his but he calls no attention to this, only smiles and nods his understanding.

(If he had known Warrick, he would have understood the connection between the once-king, the current king, Svedka, and the mare stood before him. Perhaps if he thought about it, he might have even been able to make the connection on his own.)

I can’t say that I remember Warrick,” he tells her, his head tilted slightly. He knows Warden, of course, they all do. “Is your brother the reason you came back?” he asks, eyes bright with curiosity. 

He shifts his weight and smiles in response to her assessment. He does not know what it is about him that gives her that impression, but he supposes it doesn’t matter. He is proud to be a Tephran, proud to seem like a native. He nods, smiling still. “I am,” he says, “my parents made my sister and I protectors of Tephra, our magic is tethered to the kingdom.” Although, even if it were not, he does not think he would have ever felt any impulse to leave. “Even so, I don’t think I could ever call any other place home.

His smile begins to fade from his mouth then but it remains in his draconic eyes.

What about you?” he asks, “where have your travels taken you, Wishbone?

YOU REMIND ME WHO I WAS AND WHO I WANT TO BE
    YOU REMIND ME THOUGH NOT WHOLE, I’M NOT EMPTY

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dreams they'd been living, wishbone - by savior - 03-29-2021, 08:36 PM