• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the dreams they'd been living, wishbone
    He tenses at the sound of splashing water and abruptly lifts his head, his muscles pulling taut in unison. He can feel the dragon scales rippling beneath the surface of his flesh in preparation of the shift from equine to dragon. But the form that comes swimming out of the darkness is that of a horse and he immediately relaxes, releasing the breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding. 

Her greeting is warm and his expression softens around a smile, this glimpse of light such a stark contrast to the darkness that gathers and creases around them. They are strangers indeed, but he trusts that she calls Tephra home considering how easily she moves across the terrain. “Hello, Wishbone,” he returns her greeting, ducking his head with that same warm smile. He is grateful for her overt friendliness, relieved to find another reprieve from the stress of life in these terrible shadows. 

My name is Savior,” he tells her, studying the purple plains of her face through the darkness, only briefly distracted by the bird that alights in a branch overhead. “It’s nice to meet you,” he says. And he means it, certainly, though he wants to add that he wishes it could be under different circumstances. In the sunshine, definitely. In Tephra’s full glory. The plants are dying without the sunlight to nourish them and he grieves their deaths. He cannot save them. Even the flowers in his hair have wilted.

Have you been in Tephra long?” he asks, hoping it doesn’t sound rude. He has been in Tephra his entire life, designed as he had been to protect it. His powers weaken the further he strays from its borders. He is tethered to this land. He suspects that if she had been born here he would have met her already. Or, at the very least, seen her from afar. 

SAVIOR
    you remind me who i was and who i want to be
    you remind me that though not whole, i'm not empty

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dreams they'd been living, wishbone - by savior - 02-25-2021, 03:03 PM