• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hold my cup, watch me dance [Amarine, Lilliana]

I got extra feelings

Two foals, as if this were an uncommon thing in Beqanna. Maybe once upon a time it had been, but Yanhua was a twin himself and had come to meet other twins as well in his short life. It seemed, more often than not, that twins were common among mares here. "Yes, two" Amarine replied, too wonderful and too perfect like he and his brother had been in his mother’s eyes. Yanhua doesn’t miss the echo - how could he? Lilliana had gifted him this among other things: his eyes, his steadfast nature and desire to build a family, but above all else she’d given him the sense to pick his battles. This one in particular he lets go of. Soon enough it’s replaced by the strong rainbow of happiness Amarine has crafted for them all, and that’s good enough for Yanhua.

@[lilliana] bears the brunt of sadness like another marking on her skin. She and her son are all too familiar with it, as a farmer tending his crops expects the seasons, plans for them, yet does not believe himself incapable of navigating their unexpected natures. His mother’s sorrow is the winter’s chill to this summer day, and Yanhua watches it come and go without so much as a blink. This storm will weather as they always do, and he will be here to help her through it should Lilliana ask.

He does, however, lower his head to butt Reynard forward with a gentle shove. Though Cheri is bold and in love with life, her footsteps always seem to take the same shape as her twins. Where her brother goes she follows, and Yanhua intends for his son to lead the way when it comes to meeting their granddam for the first time.

"Reynard and Cheri, meet your grandmother - Lilliana." He introduces them.

Proud father that he is, Yan smiles and rises again, adjusting his balance to support Amarine when the hard surface of her bejeweled skin nudges into his own smooth, chestnut coat. He doesn’t mind the pressure one bit, understanding her needs and absorbing them into his thoughts as quick images, short little bursts of echoes that keep them linked without expending their energy on speech. As for Lilliana’s other inquiry about surprises, Yan grins broader and answers her.

“It’s been a busy year.” The horned stallion explained briefly. Borderline and Amarine having his children, Nashua come to visit, his unexpected adventure to Pangea and back - which reminds him. “I’ve been traveling more often, and I’ve seen some… things that have given me inspiration. Well, given us some inspiration.” Yanhua paused, tilting his eye toward Ama with a knowing wink.

“I can go into detail later, but first I - we - would like to hear your thoughts about making some ‘adjustments’ to Taiga. Amarine and I would like to visit the mountain, to ask the Fey for new flora and fauna here.” Yanhua beamed, feeling the full effect of Amarine’s happiness. They didn’t want Taiga to disappear - Yan had witnessed the full effect of that request in Pangea - but they did desire a way to make this place unique. For nearly half a century or more now the redwoods had kept their ghosts; it was a place of mysticism and quiet wonder. He and Amarine wanted only to expand upon that, with his mother’s blessing, of course.

And perhaps with Leilan’s as well… perhaps.
    PERSONALITY | HISTORY | REFERENCES

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Hold my cup, watch me dance [Amarine, Lilliana] - by Yanhua - 12-01-2020, 05:09 PM