• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Sometimes I'm free, sometimes I'm mystery [Roselin, Gulliver]

I got extra feelings

How quickly winter was approaching.
    Yanhua had only to lie and wait, live and love in the spare time given to him post-battle. After a few weeks had passed, the lingering guilt he’d associated with the fight against Leilan had waned. Yan had told himself time and time again: all was fair in love and war. He could either accept what he’d done and learn from the mistake, or wallow in self-pity and miss out on the more beautiful things in life.

And lately, there was too much beauty to ignore. He and Borderline slept together nearly every night, save the times he was bound to walk Taiga’s borders as he’d always done, and even then Borderline preferred to accompany him. Yanhua never minded. He enjoyed the company and secretly hoped that the quiet would fade soon enough as well, broken apart again by the sound of childish laughter that had since been absent in Taiga. Often, he was plagued by the worries surrounding Izora’s quiet disappearance and that of her foals as well, but those concerns would take a backseat whenever Borderline drew his attention back to the present.

Taiga was a large territory, Beqanna even larger. Lethy could be anywhere by now and Yanhua had simply been left to assume that she’d broken away from the redwoods post-Pangea’s attack, like so many others had. Maybe one day soon she’d return; Yanhua, meanwhile, had plenty enough to do.

He’d woken early that morning, invigorated by an early night’s sleep, and kissed Borderline on her sweet forehead before heading out toward the River for a little reconnaissance. He would be back before it got too dark. For some reason he was itching to see the mountain range far east, the blue-and-purple capped peaks of Hyaline’s tallest range that rose up into the sky on the other side of wide, rushing rapids. Something about their grandeur enthralled him: like Tephra’s volcano, Yanhua longed to explore their peaks for himself someday.

Until then, appreciating them from afar would have to do.

He found himself situated on the overgrown banks of the headwaters, where the treeline ended abruptly and the earth sloped in a drastic way toward the swift-moving water. The mist rising off the water mingled with that of Taiga’s fog, and it clung to his chestnut fur and beaded itself like translucent gems over his whiskers and hairy goat’s beard. Yanhua sighed, fully embracing the peace that was unexpectedly broken moments later. Too good to last anyway, Yanhua sighed to himself again and turned, looking for the source of such a ruckus - unsurprised when the culprit showed itself to be none other than his little half-sibling, Roselin.

“Well well, if it isn’t princess Rosy herself, come to grace me with her presence.” Yan joked lightly, not at all put off by this change in plans.
    PERSONALITY | HISTORY | REFERENCES

@[Roselin] starting this one out in the north but he'll follow her anywhere Big Grin If I need to change anything, let me know!
    @[gulliver]

Messages In This Thread
    Sometimes I'm free, sometimes I'm mystery [Roselin, Gulliver] - by Yanhua - 10-17-2020, 03:27 PM