• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Little butterfly // Any

I got extra feelings

Was it an honor? He thought to himself of Amarine’s reply. An honor to face off against a king? Or an honor to simply face Leilan, who had a lifetime of experience compared to Yan? Did it really matter? Yanhua let the silence stretch for a moment after that, considering what Ama had said, then he responded in time with the heavy weight of a burdensome thought. Regardless of whether or not facing Leilan had been a good thing, Yan felt he hadn’t responded to the challenge in a very honourable way, and that was the reason his feelings were so clouded.

Leilan could’ve easily won in a single stroke of icy dragon’s breath. He could’ve frozen Yan to the spot, frozen him solid if he’d wanted to, but even in the midst of an unimaginable rage he’d kept himself from going that far.

“Oh, I know that. I know.” He told Amarine, recovering quickly enough from the bout of unexpected depression. Her kindness knew no bounds when it came to his feelings, and Yanhua had always believed he was the more emotional of the two empathic horses. First his mother, now this. Seemed like he always needed her help in one way or another. In truth, she leveled him when it felt like the world was spiraling out of his control - when he didn’t feel like himself, Amarine was always suspiciously there to remind him. He smiled at her and reached down to push his nose into the topside of her teal-colored mane as a quiet thank you.

Then he withdrew, somewhat reluctantly. She felt warm to the touch and smelled exactly like the woven grasses she’d been tangled up in for months. He really liked that scent, and it wasn’t just because he had a natural affinity for grass (you know, being a horse and all.)

“Not long after the attack, Leilan came down to Taiga. Lilli and I spoke with him and the conversation turned sour quickly. I don’t know, Ama…” Yanhua sighed, a tinge frustrated but mostly tired at having to dredge up the past again. “Ever since meeting my real father as a foal I’ve just been so angry and defiant against male authority. Everything I try so hard not to be comes out.” He tried his best to explain, hardly realizing how the emotions played out over his face. He’d gotten so serious all of sudden. So somber.

“I played on Leilan’s strongest memory and used it against him in Round one, and he went berserk. Nearly froze me solid in a follow-up attack, but he stopped at the last second. What does that say about me? Leilan could stop himself, but I couldn’t. In a moment I’d chosen a darker path, and now I’m struggling to face that side of myself. It’s bothered me ever since.” Yan spoke lower, now. Not as uneasy as he’d been before, more thoughtful. He sighed again and side-stepped, just to graze for a minute or two while Amarine processed his issues. When he stepped back it was with a mouthful of edible clover, hidden underneath the taller grass and found out by his whiskery nose.
    PERSONALITY | HISTORY | REFERENCES

@[Amarine]

Messages In This Thread
    Little butterfly // Any - by Amarine - 10-04-2020, 04:39 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Yanhua - 10-17-2020, 01:54 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Amarine - 10-17-2020, 03:48 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Yanhua - 10-17-2020, 04:34 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Amarine - 10-17-2020, 05:35 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Yanhua - 10-19-2020, 06:59 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Amarine - 10-20-2020, 06:55 PM