• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Little butterfly // Any

I got extra feelings

A kiss from Amarine was a kiss Yanhua hadn’t realized he’d been longing for. The last time they’d been together on that fateful day after the attack, Yanhua had left as soon as Popinjay had arrived. He couldn’t stand to see the horses he loved so defeated. It stoked something inside of himself that he’d resented ever since. Afterwards he’d felt foolish for leaving in the heat of emotion, for leaving Ama and his mother to deal with a situation requiring his help, but he’d told himself it was for the best: both his dam and Amarine would’ve felt his true intentions and been inadvertently affected by them. His distance would only serve to help ease their unrest, and time was the only thing capable of healing all their wounds.

Amarine had been on his mind ever since.
    The sight of her then as compared to now was a stark difference - he lingered in the warmth of her augmented comfort and watched as she turned a circle for him, grinning. All was forgiven in her eyes, in the way they lingered on him; Ama swept away his long absence in so many pretty words, and Yanhua took them to heart. For her, he’d always come back. She was what mattered most, not dead grass or the wounded pride of a nation.

“Oh yes, those.” He laughed half-heartedly at her attempt to deflect his attention away from herself and the newly-formed wings. Clever butterfly, he thought, narrowing his vision. “You ask me like you don’t already know how much of a hermit I am, Ama.” He responded flippantly. “But since you’re so curious… I guess I can tell you where I’ve recently returned from.” The chestnut’s mouth tapered up at one side, more like his father in the moment than he’d ever know. Handsome, a bit mischievous, but still sweet underneath it all.

He ambled closer and took a longer look, marveling quietly at their myriad colors and the way each wing’s surface played in the light. Subtly, he was also antagonizing Amarine by holding off on following up his earlier announcement. Better to increase the suspense, I think, Yan’s cheek turned, revealing a playful sort of expression.

“The Plains.” He finally relented, supposing she’d suffered long enough. “Round one of the Alliance is over, sleeping beauty. It was alright… I fought Leilan.” He admitted at last, the expression fading into seriousness at the mention of their Freyr. There it came again, the pang of inner turmoil, but Yanhua didn’t feel like straying away from it for Amarine’s benefit. A part of him was longing for her involvement, actually. Of all the horses he knew, only Amarine was privy to his deepest feelings. Even when it came to Lilliana, Yanhua held back. But he remembered how the teal-jeweled mare had been there for him when he’d needed a friend the most, when Lilli had been captive and every day spent alone in Taiga seemed never ending, so he trusts her again.

“I think I might’ve fucked up big time.” He muttered joylessly, unable to meet her gaze any longer.
    PERSONALITY | HISTORY | REFERENCES

@[Amarine] tag, you're it <3

Messages In This Thread
    Little butterfly // Any - by Amarine - 10-04-2020, 04:39 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Yanhua - 10-17-2020, 01:54 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Amarine - 10-17-2020, 03:48 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Yanhua - 10-17-2020, 04:34 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Amarine - 10-17-2020, 05:35 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Yanhua - 10-19-2020, 06:59 PM
    RE: Little butterfly // Any - by Amarine - 10-20-2020, 06:55 PM