• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we come alive just past the edge of the midnight; yadigar
    BREACH

He is different than anything, anyone, she has ever met before. Different than she had ever imagined someone could possibly be. Her eyes narrow slightly at his response and she scoffs, making a noise deep in the back of her throat. “I can’t imagine you’d do something so horrendous.” She rolls her shoulder, every inch the daughter of Sochi in this moment. “And if you did, I am sure it would be warranted. The strong survive. It’s the way of the world. You shouldn’t feel guilty for it.”

Her mother had trained her so well on that:

Never feel guilty.

He continues though and she feels that hint of anger. The brush of it against the edges of her mind. It doesn’t cause a similar emotion to swell in her, although she knows how to bite into the flesh of her rage. “My name is Breach, and you shouldn’t mourn me.” She tips her chin up slightly, as if in defiance. “I am not scared of death. When I finally do greet it, I hope to do so with my dignity in tact. Not afraid.”

She takes a deep breath, trying to center herself again, bringing her focus back to him. Her dual-colored eyes wash over him. Everything that makes him so different, so unique. She ignores the tightening in her chest, tries to forget the future that she had seen swirling in his eye. “I’m only a little stupid.” The mood lightens a little as her smile stretches across her face. “Not nearly as stupid as you though.”

She closes the space between them a little, bumping her nose against his cheek.

“I don’t think I mind it either.”

I want to swim until we both begin to feel the weightlessness sink in

@[yadigar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we come alive just past the edge of the midnight; yadigar - by breach - 08-08-2020, 05:31 PM