• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Bring on the rain | Birthing | Amet | Any
    Jah-Lilah
    drowning in the sea of love
    I believe the light that shines on you will shine on you forever.

As she lie outstretched in the den she had made for her family, a sense of calm washes over her suddenly. The body does wondrous things when under extreme duress, and the endorphins her brain has flooded her system with are kicking in nicely. They blend well with her adrenaline, and although her insides are screaming as they continue to work her foal out into the world, she can barely hear them over the pounding of the rain as it comes crashing down upon her.

The thunder masks his undoubtedly frantic entrance, and she fails to notice him until he is upon her.

The primitive instincts within her that have kept her alive and well for so many lifetimes are in overdrive, and for a moment she fails to recognize her scaled consort. His aroma smothered by water and cast aside by the gales, she felt almost helpless. Made blind by the weather and crippled by labor, she had nothing left but the ancient beast who had protected her for so long. Ears glued to her neck by pain and by water, she jerks her head around sharply towards the sudden sensation on her cheek. Blunt teeth bared wide and mouth snapping, she immediately changes gears into preservation mode. A shockwave runs from her nose to her tail, using valuable energy reserves to activate her powers, but she could care less. Jah-Lilah will do whatever it takes to protect her unborn, no matter the cost. Then she feels him upon her, his spiritual pressure entwining with her own, and she relents.

When he strokes her, she collapses back down into the warm embrace of the saturated earth, thankful for the opportunity to rest. Whining quietly, the mare allows the Dragon-King to touch her, caress her, soothe her. It does little for her physically, but mentally and spiritually it means everything to her. The foal has started to crown, and as the urge to push consumes her, she gladly obliges. His words are lost on her, garbled gibberish, but she welcomes the tone of his voice and succumbs to his spell. Several hard-fought pushes later, a new life is welcomed into the world. Trembling, she finds the strength within to raise up, muzzle twitching and sniffling as she greets their child.

It is a colt, the color of flame with dark mane and tail. Laughing quietly, she realizes he is her twin, but in color only. Glancing up at her king, she places a few choices nuzzles on him before initiating the process of cleaning the afterbirth from her newborn. It is then she realizes he is covered in a thick layer of scales. She has indeed birthed a dragon.

As she runs her pale pink tongue along his body, she is pricked several times by low-voltage shocks, but she chalks it up to exhaustion and her ability misfiring. Little does she know, her son will wield the same electricity as she one day. Snuggled warmly against the form of her golden lover, euphoria overtakes her, and soon she is smiling so hard her face hurts. The drizzle continues, and lightning strikes all around them, illuminating the night all around them. It is both fearsome and breathtaking. When the foal is spotless and tasting his first sip of mother’s milk, she tucks herself into the Dragon-King, lips moving quietly as she whispers to him a secret for only the two of them.

”And in the dark of the night, Lightning-Crashes was all we could see.”

I’m gonna stand guard, I’ll never leave until I leave you with a sweet dream in your head.
    when you build your house, please call me home

@[Amet] <3 I hope it's ok!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Bring on the rain | Birthing | Amet | Any - by Jah-Lilah - 04-06-2019, 02:17 AM