• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Was Lightning Before the Thunder[Kylin]

His leave from the party was quick.  Not that he was threatened by anyone.  More or less creeped out.  That was way too many balls in one section of island for his liking...

Some may wrongly think that the brotherhood would have been his thing.  Male domination.  Females had little say in anything.  They were more to be seen and used than heard.  But those some would have been sorely mistaken.  He thought himself no greater than any other, male or female.  He was just, well...him.  He valued family above all else and one member of his family had not gathered on the beaches today.  Thankfully actually.  Kylin didn't need to see that.  Again her home being ripped from under her and now, now she wasn't even welcomed because of her gender.  He couldn't allow himself to leave without her.  

Having sent Krone and the kids on their way to another kingdom isle, he took to the skies.  Scouring the beaches and caverns.  The waterfall cliffs and barren islands for the lavender mare.  His deep voice called out her name, "Kylin.... KYLINNN...." Silver eyes scanned the horizon frantically.  Where could she have gone? When she had left that night, before the Sylva incident, he had not pursued her.  Thinking she possibly wanted some time to be alone.  But as days turned into weeks, he became increasingly worried.  If she had left, why hadn't she told him?  He deserved that didn't he?! To at least know.

His search concludes on the very beach he had found her upon.  Soiled and nearly lifeless, she had laid right there.  Over there was the small pond they had bathed each other in.  His head hangs low as he thinks of her and what had happened to her.  Not knowing was far worse. 

In a soft and nearly defeated whisper he thinks out loud, "Come back Kylin... Your family needs you.  I need you." 

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Kylin] ok, this one is forrealzies! Third time's a charm.  I know you're on an away but I wanted to get something up for you.

Messages In This Thread
    I Was Lightning Before the Thunder[Kylin] - by Klaudius - 04-13-2018, 08:31 PM