• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when it all burns down; moment

Let me apologize to begin with...

Life is so lonely without someone to share it with. And whatever else could be said, I’m so happy that she’s here. I could stand here all day, soaking in the warmth of a good friend. She seems content to do the same, and that makes me happy. For the first time in a long time, a tiny tendril of true happiness blooms in my chest, bringing a happier smile to my lips.

I shake my head a bit as she continues, though not in disagreement. ”I think maybe I had quite a bit of growing up to do,” I respond a bit sheepishly. Not in the literal sense, though that is true as well. I had to grow into myself, and that’s something I think one has to do on their own. Even now though, I still sometimes feel like I’m just a little yearling again, and that nothing at all has changed in life.

But she reminds me that things always change. Perhaps it’s not always a bad thing either. I’m older now, wiser. I know and understand so much more than I did the first time Lilitha and I met.

I remain silent for a long time after she turns the conversation back to me. Back to what I’ve been doing with my life. And though I don’t move away from her embrace, I glance away, a bit embarrassed at having to admit that I’ve been rather aimless.”Yeah, me too. I guess I’ve mostly just been wandering. Alone. There’s not much to tell I guess. I mean, I’ve seen some fantastic things. I’d like to show them to you, if you want. I think they’d probably be so much better with someone to share them with.”

I pause then, frowning a bit as I turn my bright teal gaze back to Lilitha, considering a bit more closely. ”I mean, only if you want.” Pause. ”What do you want to do?” I think perhaps that is the most important thing I probably should have asked sooner.

Moment

accident-prone son of Offspring and Lirren

Messages In This Thread
    when it all burns down; moment - by Lilitha - 01-16-2017, 09:10 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; any - by Moment - 01-16-2017, 11:18 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Lilitha - 02-06-2017, 12:39 AM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Moment - 02-06-2017, 05:45 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Lilitha - 02-07-2017, 12:04 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Moment - 02-07-2017, 02:42 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Lilitha - 02-20-2017, 01:13 AM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Moment - 03-07-2017, 01:52 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Lilitha - 03-26-2017, 11:33 PM