• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    A residual sense of reassurance is left on Castile’s shoulder when they peel apart even after only having barely brushed. Warmth blossoms across his skin, spreading like vines taking root and diving beneath to continue working away at his heart. Ilma accepts his gesture, closing her eyes as his lips press to her forehead. This, even, settles the monster inside him and brings a glimmer of hope to his mismatched eyes. If a practical stranger can accept his notions of adoration, surely Solace and Sabra can?

But for a fleeting moment, Castile does not think of his two women. They slip discreetly to the back of his mind as his thoughts flood with Ilma and the unexpected kindness and generosity her mere presence has provided him. A balm, yes, to his gaping wounds. He hadn’t expected it from her when she initially approached, but here they are with their shoulders creeping closer as though drawn to each other’s internal flame. ”A big heart,” it’s more of a thought spoken aloud by mistake as his imagination roams parallel to her story. She had been young coming here and she has found her niche since then in Hyaline. It isn’t at all a boring tale; there is happiness and purpose but also a shaded excerpt that made her stronger.

”Do you visit them?” There is a gentleness in his voice that doesn’t match the scars or his wild features. There is no inclination as to what he truly is, or what he can be. With his emotions greatly suppressed and the animal inside him caged, Castile is able to full-heartedly focus on Ilma rather than jerk his attention back and forth to practice self-control. It’s a beautiful thing, he briefly muses, as a sense of calm washes over him like the tides of Nerine. ”Your children, I mean.” In case she hadn’t jumped to assumptions. Listening with piqued interest, he eventually engages furthermore in the conversation as children slip to the subject. ”I have two sets of twins, amazingly.” His expression melts into a distant thoughtfulness as he tries to picture what they would look like or how they would sound or if they could fly with him. ”I plan to find them,” he admits almost sheepishly, hating how much time he has missed in their lives and how easily it is to confess to Ilma. ”Family was important to my parents. They instilled that in me…” despite his shortcomings and mistakes, the wont is there, humming loudly in his core.

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Castile - 08-21-2018, 08:56 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Ilma - 08-21-2018, 09:56 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 08-21-2018, 03:06 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ilma - 08-22-2018, 12:52 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 08-23-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ilma - 08-23-2018, 02:04 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 08-23-2018, 03:08 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ilma - 08-23-2018, 04:15 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 08-24-2018, 02:48 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ilma - 08-24-2018, 03:21 PM