• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Was Lightning Before the Thunder[Kylin]
    She hears his voice – the shout out of her name – before her hazel eyes find his form. Her heart had skipped a beat at the warm welcome, but it does so again when she actually sees him. Kylin is not able to not smile, and her ears are pointing forward. His call is answered by another loud whinny, and the lavender woman does not hesitate to push forward in a gallop to meet him halfway.

Boldly she presses forward, her neck extending to push her muzzle against his. “Klaudius” she murmurs with a sigh. She is ready to tell him she’s sorry for disappearing, for taking this long to get back, but she never gets the chance. Her frown doesn’t do her features any good, but Kylin simply cannot help herself. He is rambling. “K-Klaudius?” she repeats, this time questioningly. “W-what d-do you mean, not s-safe?” She cannot keep the tremble out of her voice, as she gladly presses herself up against his side. He simply makes her nervous, and confused. Nothing had happened, right? We’re Krom and Karat okay?

Confusion is clear on her face. His words don’t make sense at all. “Leave? Who left? Why do we have to go?” The more he says, the more confused she becomes, until he drops the bomb. Her eyes widen, and her body is frozen due to the shock. All Kylin does is stare at him, his words almost falling to deaf ears. Taken over? Brennen? And what was a Brotherhood? What did it mean for them? Was Krone – and through her her family – exiled? In denial she shakes her lavender head, hazel eyes tearing up as she watches him desperately, pleading for him to tell her it’s all a joke, that it is not true. It cannot be. She is finally read to embrace his family, and now he tells her she is too late? Her body is soon trembling, and again she shakes her head. “No.”

Pain and desperation are in her eyes as he backs away from him, shaking her head again and again. “No,” she repeats, her voice thick with emotion. Even her ears flick back, as she is uncomfortable and unsure. He couldn’t ask her to leave. She’d just gotten back, she has just realise that Ischia is home. Even if it is not where her heart is. “I.. I can’t leave..” As she says the words, her voice breaks, and so does the waterfall of tears start. They roll down her cheeks, and put a lump in her throat.

She is still broken in two parts, there is her mind and there is her heart.

@[Klaudius]
    440 words

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder[Kylin] - by Kylin - 04-27-2018, 05:33 PM