• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I lock myself inside these walls, cause out there I'm always wrong. [Scorch//Any]
    The more Scorch talks to her, the more she feels herself decompress.  When the bald mare finally reaches out to touch her gently on the shoulder,  she is surprised at how soothing the action was and the rest of her anxiety seems to subside.  With a little encouragement from Scorch, they are walking again, into what she can only assume is further into the territory of  Nerine.  Ever so briefly, Breckin allows herself to address the lingering confusion flittering at the back of her mind.  Why had such a simple question elicited such a negative reaction?  What happened to her?

But her lapse in thought is drawn back to her companion as they stop once more, this time in response to Breckins inquiry of how Scorch’s appearance came to be.  Shifting her speckled frame, she angles herself so that her eyes can align with the ember eyes of the other woman, settling into a comfortable stand and giving her her full attention.

As Scorch finishes the recollection of her past, Breckin is left with mixed feelings of satisfaction, sadness, and awe.  Her deep rooted quest for knowledge of Beqanna is momentarily satisfied as Scorch has answered her questions of the fae and the magics of the land.  But her satisfaction is marred by the sadness she feels for Scorch’s trial and pain.  And yet she is awestruck by the woman’s sheer resilience and positivity of the circumstances she has endured in her lifetime thus far.  

At last she finds her voice, ”You have no reason to apologize.  You’ve answered more questions than you know."  The spotted girl takes a step closer to Scorch, her face edged with one of remorse, "I am sorry to hear that you had to go through so much to become who you are today.  I can’t imagine the pain.  Does it still hurt now?" For a fleeting moment Breckin had thought of returning the friendly gesture Scorch had shown her earlier, but she quickly cast the idea aside unsure of whether or not it would be uncomfortable for her.

Instead, she decides to take Scorch up on her last statement and offers another question, ”Does that mean that I could acquire…abilities too?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I lock myself inside these walls, cause out there I'm always wrong. [Scorch//Any] - by Breckin - 03-18-2018, 08:06 PM