• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Edge of Seventeen | Open | Offspring
    Diable Rouge
    >
    There are moments that the words don't reach, there is suffering too terrible to name...

No one ever expects the inevitable...death is just a part of life; a terrible, heart-wrenching part of life, but it is there nonetheless. 

Diable Rouge knows death - it is on his mind nearly everyday of his life. The way his mother's chest was rising and falling so peacefully one second, then still the next. The way Kaiode was playing with his siblings for a moment (something not unusual for him to be doing), then leaping to his death the next. Death, well, it never gets easier to deal with, no matter the toll. 

She responds to him with haste, rolling her eyes in a somewhat sarcastic way, something he does not take offense to. Her gaze relocates, back to the ever-changing tide, and she says it. 

"I'm sorry about your son." It is cold, but with an undertone of meaning. Diable Rouge takes a deep breath, the memory of his son rushing into his mind like a hurricane - his laugh, his smile, his playfulness, his horrible beginning that turned into a horrible end. All at the fault of the chaser. He brings his head to his breast, and closes his two-toned eyes. He swallows the lump growing in his throat, then looks back to her. 

"It doesn't seem quite fair, does it?" He smiles slightly, and lets out a huff. "For a child to die without so much as a chance." He looks up to the sky, letting the hurricane wash over him. He does not hold back like he usually would. "If I could spare his life...if I could trade it for mine, he'd be here right now," He looks back to the mare. "But he did not die in vain...I'll do whatever I can to make him proud..." The words trail as he closes his orbs once more. The pain he feels cannot be described, other than the fact that it is unrelenting. He tries desperately to mask it, but to no avail. He just wants his son back, alive and happy like he had been. 

But we don't always get what we want, do we?
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Edge of Seventeen | Open | Offspring - by Diable Rouge - 09-06-2017, 09:40 AM