• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Edge of Seventeen | Open | Offspring
    Diable Rouge
    >
    I know how it feels to be at war with a world that never loved me...
    Have you ever been able to tell when someone's depressed? When someone has been so torn down and broken, that nothing could ever make it better? Their eyes, empty pockets that used to have something there, but have lost it completely. Have you ever felt this way yourself?

Diable Rouge had, and he could tell deep in her emerald eyes, that she was a lost soul - unsure of everything, wanting nothing but to be alone. She had nodded her head at him, once, then twice, then greeted him with a nicker. She doesn't call him closer, doesn't cast him away, she just stands and stares, eyes glazing over with the burden of life to bare. 

He moves his head downwards, looking out to where she is staring - the sea so calm in a world so broken. It moved gently, in and out, back and forth. He glances down at the ground, and lets out a deep breath. Should he stay? Should he go? Could he be of any comfort, when it seemed the world was falling apart?

His eyes move back to her, and he swallows the lump in his throat. Had Taiga been her home, ripped away from her grasp without warning...? Could this be the reason she is so distant and torn up? Questions rattled so hard in his head, it began to pound. 

"I'm sorry." The only words he could muster. He didn't know what else to say, what could he say? He had lost so much in his life, yet he still did not know how to give comfort to those who so desperately needed it. He just wanted to help...but he didn't know if he could.  
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Edge of Seventeen | Open | Offspring - by Diable Rouge - 09-02-2017, 02:47 AM