• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when it all burns down; moment

Let me apologize to begin with...

So much has changed since I last saw her. We’ve both grown, both changed. Though she more so than me, it seems. She doesn’t have wings anymore. That threw me off a bit at first, maybe why it took me a minute to recognize her. It also makes me wonder what she had traded them in for.

Of course, we all know the story. Of the Reckoning and the fairies and the exchange of gifts. Hers had been her wings, gone now. Mine is a horn, a long spiral that still pierces from the center of my forehead. If I could help it, I would never trade it in for my old trait. I had hated it so much, the way that others seemed to fear me, the way accidents always happened around me. It had been a blessing to have it taken away, removed as though it had never been.

I still live in fear of the day they might decide to return it though. They’re such fickle creatures, these fairies. I can never be quite certain what they might do.

But that is a worry for another time. Now, Litha is here, in front of me, so very real and solid. My heart fills with pure happiness when she responds with my name. Or rather, the nickname she had given me. A grin stretches my lips as her frame (only slightly smaller than mine) collides with mine and we’re wrapped in a warm embrace. I tuck my chin against her shoulder, breathing in her scent (familiar but somehow new and different at the same time), silly grin plastered to my face.

”Me too Litha,” I respond quickly, excitement and joy echoing in my tone before it turns a bit melancholy. My eternal state of being apparently. ”For a while there I thought maybe I had dreamed you up.”

It wouldn’t have been entirely unthinkable. I met her when I was at my loneliest. It only makes sense that I might dream up a friend.

Moment

accident-prone son of Offspring and Lirren

Nooo, it's perfect! love it <33

Messages In This Thread
    when it all burns down; moment - by Lilitha - 01-16-2017, 09:10 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; any - by Moment - 01-16-2017, 11:18 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Lilitha - 02-06-2017, 12:39 AM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Moment - 02-06-2017, 05:45 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Lilitha - 02-07-2017, 12:04 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Moment - 02-07-2017, 02:42 PM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Lilitha - 02-20-2017, 01:13 AM
    RE: when it all burns down; moment - by Moment - 03-07-2017, 01:52 PM