• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In this heart, this barless prison [Kimber, Ygritte/Kreios]
    It is with great trepidation that the blue mare treks beyond the Chamber's four corners. While they had stood strong in the face of war and adversaries, wars of the heart were much different and the longer you held the worse your odds got. She has always been emotionally stunted and it grates on her heavily to have any resemblance of feelings. If Kimber would admit it, this all boiled down to her feelings and the fact her ego had been bruised and her heart dug from a deep grave to be bait. The most she could do was just blame herself, that was something she could live with at least but she knows that her child missing is something she can't live with. Kimber didn't understand how her own mother could have left her for dead when her own children are two years of age and she's out looking for one.

She doesn't know her mother but she knows her well enough to know she never loved her.

The proverbially chip on the dip dyed mare's shoulder started early and it's no surprise the root of which all these problems started. Kimber sighs heavily as she maintains her speed but somehow, the necromancer has slowed and originally she had every intention of passing him and going first but he's the diplomat and she was just the cat, sharpening it's claws in the background. "Nymph, please do not belittle or berate me in the company of other kingdoms - we are not in a position to show we have quarrels amongst our own," she says looking at the ground, her humiliation was already present without prompting. She didn't understand why she let him bother her so much, they were just words and in all actuality it wasn't like anyone in the Chamber had made friends with her. She was a loner, despite being wrapped up in all the politics, she always secluded to the woods with nothing but her mental anguish. The blood bay hadn't quite got under her skin quite like she had his, unbeknownst to her, but his teeth were sunk in her and that was enough. Enough to drive her to try to wrangle from beneath it and thus far it wasn't working. There are people you know you should leave alone but you find yourself not being that strong and not really wanting to be. The minister made her want to be close to him in ways that she wasn't even comfortable with but her pride wanted to have her eyes hollowed out. Her heart pulsated quickly as he stumbles on an apology and moves closer to her and she side steps barely to the left, her initial response to just move forward without addressing this. It was done, what could possibly be said?

The Captain was not well rehearsed in terms of endearment.

She listens, calculating and curious for a moment as he talks of her being different. No shit she thinks to herself but says nothing as her amber eyes softly look the necromancer over, her brow no longer furrowed but then he mentions others. Her eyes turn harder, the pupils once large and forgiving spiral down to nothing. "Thank you for the apology but maybe you've just made this bigger than what it had to be," she says, staring up at him and wondering how she can dance around this topic without much injury, "isn't this how this all works? The men get all the pleasure, the women raise the children and the men start the cycle all over again? If we're being transparent here, do you really find yourself a family man? When I met you, I knew that something was amiss and it turns out I was right - why would one night of passion lead me to believe that you were ready anymore than I was to be a parent?" She is not angry but she is honest, they had only met days prior to sharing spit and sweat in the darkness of the Chamber. Kimber never wanted any of this but sometimes life gives you things that you need despite your wants. "We both knew the consequences of our decisions and neither of us cared about one another enough to work out the formalities if it happened," she says thinking back to a time when things seemed overwhelming but they were nothing compared to now. Nymph had been a way to get at Warship, a confirmation that she could be wanted since the one she wanted didn't want her as much. She never anticipated to be entangled for life, in some way or another. "I cannot give you that time back but they both have big hearts, Vaughan is a little harder to get to but Vessel is an open book - if you want it, go get it," she ends sharply, he reached out for her own face. She lipped at his muzzle, she pretended she was irritated, a flippant jerk and a swish of her black tail. Kimber was terrible at saying sorry, she was terrible at communication beyond a superficial level but she was trying. He should be appreciative, she doesn't try for anyone else. A wave of tranquility washed over her for a moment, no one had touched her since Nymph had two years ago - that realization was quite sad in itself. It felt like the waves crashing against the rocks transitioning back into the sea, unsettled and then almost methodically. She felt at east but the dip dyed mare hid herself away, she deserved more but never allowed it. Just as she would make it short lived now, "It's best if we don't touch," she comments, knowing that they couldn't be left alone together for fear of a fight or worse; more children. She swallows that pill hard, the truth of knowing yourself and how to set yourself on fire - and when not to. She moves forward as he starts speaking to her about Vessel, she is bullheaded but she is not ignorant.

The Beqanna Gods knew what they were doing when the created Kimber and granted her immortality.

She looks back towards the bay necromancer, "I'm not sure why you waste your precious words, you know that I'll do whatever I see fit," she snorts, almost as if scolding him for trying to father her but she knows that is not the sentiment, "but I'll do my best to see to it that you have your favorite punching bag is in working condition." She laughs a little, her amber eyes lighten as she walks beside the necromancer towards the Falls. She has heard thoughts of healing waterfalls, lush grass, fragrant flowers - all things that had never existed to her. A world full of beauty, how would Kimber even feel here? A shroud of insecurity falls over her temporarily as she thinks at all the light things and upon entering the kingdom she understands why her sweet daughter would choose such a home. Vessel encompassed all the good parts of Kimber, the ones she didn't think she had in herself, and expressed them. The blue mare smiles sheepishly as she thinks of she and Nymph's daughter, surely they would find her and return her to home. This home, this is where Vessel belonged. "I'm following your lead, Minister," she says warmly, though her face grows less welcoming not knowing the stance the new monarchy held for the Chamber. Only time would tell if this would be a peaceful (dare say pleasant?) venture or a start of a new recipe for war but in the meantime she wondered if these healing waters were real. Her shoulders ached with the formation of bones; wings forming and ready to expel from her body.
    Kimber
    You don't know how hard I fought to survive,
    waking up alone when I was left to die

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In this heart, this barless prison [Kimber, Ygritte/Kreios] - by Kimber - 04-10-2016, 12:34 PM