• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i love the way that your heart breaks... (any)

The Cove is quiet, much too quiet for my tastes. I have had my fill of the deaths of starlings and frogs and fish. I long to move on to greater things, to study beyond what is already known. I am impatient of childhood. Children are not expected to be of any importance, or to do anything worthwhile. I would shed my age if I only knew how. I wander the Cove daily, studying the luminescent quality of the grass and learning the patterns of the tide.

He comes in, shattering the silence, and I want to thank him for it. He approaches the statue, a place mother and I visit at least once a day. The god Khaos looks out over the Cove and someday, I know, he will look out over the world and know that is filled with his own.

I wonder if he is one of my brothers for this will alter my greeting. Mother does not stand for anyone treating family badly, nor do I have any inclination to do so, but this unknown is not a member I have met before. I approach him evenly, my hooves sinking into the marshy ground. I relish the burn of my muscles, pushing them as I climb the cliff towards the boy.

His appearance instantly fascinates me. I am unaware of being rude. All that matters to me is finding out why. I move closer, my eyes cooly taking in the burns that completely encase his body. I wonder at the fire that caused those but left him breathing. I fed a frog to the fires of a lightning strike once, and it did not take long for it to be devoured.

I follow his gaze to meet the one of the iron stallion.

"He won't answer you, you know. None of us is worthy."

I say this calmly.

"Although perhaps, you may be sooner than the rest of us." I glance appreciatively from the stumps of his ears to the three jagged scars on his rump. Something has tested him, and he has not passed away. "I am Kersey."

I will learn about this new one. Who he is and of what he is capable. And if I am lucky, he will be able to teach me many things I do not know.

K E R S E Y
    the academic executioner
    daughter of carnage and killgore

Messages In This Thread
    i love the way that your heart breaks... (any) - by Kersey - 09-25-2015, 08:47 PM