• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pick apart the pieces you left | Sette, Lagertha, Any

I am iron and I forge myself

Some of the sisters might be called Feminists, but Lagertha is not one of them. Mostly because she doesn’t discriminate between mares and stallions. If she had followed in her brother’s path and taken herself to the Valley, she imagines she might have made the same strides there. But as it is, she chose the Amazons instead, and so she has a kingdom of women as her family. That doesn’t mean she’s going to champion all of female kind, and it doesn’t mean that she hates men. Bullies? Sure. Men? Nope.

Lagertha simply hasn’t found a stallion that is her equal. Someone who could match her physically and handle her dominant, almost combative (yet cool) nature.

When Liz returns from setttling the filly in for the night, Lagertha listens to the story, her lips pursing together into a hard line when she hears what’s going on. Not cool. Definitely not cool. “If we use the term ‘rescued at her mother’s request,’ I don’t think anyone can fault us except the father. We will deal with the Chamber if it comes to that.” She snorts in disgust at the thought, though she realizes that wars have been started over similar ‘insults.’ “And you will not be going anywhere. The Jungle is very safe.Even if they could find their way through the Jungle, you know the land very well and could hide her.” She pauses, an idea coming. It isn’t traditional but… might help?

“...Or I can always adopt her and give her my personal protection. I’d like to see someone try and mess with a Princess of the Jungle.” What a lucky little girl she would be, going from abusive father to princess in the span of a day. Not that Lagertha is an easy, or even good mother.  But she might be better than nothing.  

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

Messages In This Thread
    RE: pick apart the pieces you left | Sette, Lagertha, Any - by Lagertha - 09-16-2015, 03:39 PM