• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I can feel your heart hanging in the air
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

Innocence is a foreign concept to the jaguar dappled colt. Perhaps there had been a brief moment of it, when he had taken his first breath of fresh air and freedom from the womb. Only to lose it when flames and objects spun around him and the moniker of “terrible” was placed heavily on his small shoulders. If Aela had not found him, his path may have been a darker, lonelier, one. One that held no sense of family, friends, or home. Instead, he learns how to control his powers instead of them controlling him. Now he knew Liesma, Sickle, and BoneBone. Now he had the Pampas and the sooted field of flowers that was his own. That darkness is still part of him, would perhaps always rest beside his bones, but there was so much light too.

Aela’s words are a soothing balm on his insecurities. She always seems to know so much and the young colt is certain that she must be the wisest horse he’s ever met. Like her notions of “terrible” and the reminder to never apologize for who he was, he tucks away this piece of confidence as well. Nodding, he looks back up at her with his bright yellow eyes. “I’ll remember Mother.” He straightens himself, holding his head high as he obediently and politely takes her lesson to heart. “I’ll keep practicing.” Even when it’s scary, he thinks.

She says nothing about the Prince and so he doesn’t speak further on it, picking up a small thread of tension when it comes to his mother and the black and gold stallion. Instead, he tells her of the golden man in the dark forest and he can’t help but wonder what she is thinking. Sometimes he can’t always tell. He frowns slightly at her question, tilting his head up at her. “I don’t think he wants anything….” He pauses, considering the memories he has of the future him. “His name is Firion.” He hesitates again, uncertain about revealing his true thoughts on the matter. Yet Aela had never shot him down or discouraged his questions or curiosity before and so he mumbles slightly as he glances away. “I think he might be me… Like a future me.”

fyr

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    I can feel your heart hanging in the air - by Fyr - 08-31-2021, 04:02 PM
    RE: I can feel your heart hanging in the air - by Fyr - 09-24-2021, 12:41 PM