• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pick apart the pieces you left | Sette, Lagertha, Any

A strange gray mare appears. My eyes widen, not in fear, but in childish wonder. I had thought my father unusual with his pale coat and glowing red eyes. But this mare has horns! Beautiful and elegant, they are ridged and look like they could scare anyone she didn't like. Perhaps the world is full of unique horses like this. For the first time I cast a rueful look on my own smoky black coloring. It certainly isn't as interesting as horns, or wings like my aunt.

She smiles at me. I return her flash of affection with an eager one of my own.

A Khaleesi? What is that? I think, curiously, but I am too tired to ask. I don't protest as Aunt Liz gently leads me to a cool spot to lie down. I can see her and Lagertha, the horned mare, but their voices are hushed. I frown a little. Will I forever be too young to know what is going on? It seems everyone but me knows why this is my home now, and why my maman is no longer mine.

I blink back tears, just as another new face makes an appearance.
    Curiosity beats out my sadness and I find myself wondering if she will have something like wings or horns. I am starting to believe that everyone in this place is special. Maybe it wouldn't be such a scary place after awhile, especially if I could learn how to get around.

She introduces herself gently, and her voice is pleasant. I look up at her, my brown eyes wide.

"Hello." I whisper. "I'm Sette. It is, um, very nice to meet you. I think that's what I'm to say."

I yawn, and give Joscelin a sheepish smile. Maman had tried to teach me as much as she could about proper manners, but I was more interested in exploring. I return Joscelin's soothing touch with a nicker and lay my head down, dozing.

ANGUISETTE
    daughter of Gryffen and Minette

Messages In This Thread
    pick apart the pieces you left | Sette, Lagertha, Any - by Anguisette - 09-15-2015, 06:47 PM